1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC] Ultimate Finale 9

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by farrisdabis, Jun 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Anyone see the Guida/Sanchez fight? It was ****ing crazy! That could have gone either way but Sanchez pulled it out.

2. cdastros

cdastros Member

That first round was amazing. It was like a street fight.

3. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Unbelievable Fight...

4. sew

sew Member

Two of my favourite fighters... I expected nothing less.

5. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Diego is a beast. So is clay too but Diego is a notch above him. I thought that head kick in the first round was the end for the fight doh. :eek: Definitely fight of the night.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I knew the Guida/Sanchez fight was going to be great, but I was afraid one of them would get knocked the hell out too quickly. I remember when Sanchez came into the UFC, he was basically what Clay Guida is... a ground & pound machine. They were really mirror images of each other. Sanchez's stand-up has really improved by leaps and bounds and it showed in this fight. But all I have to say is Clay Guida is a beast. How anybody can take those tags to the head followed up by straight up EATING that leg kick is beyond me. He went down and got right back up. Anybody that fights Guida should be prepared for a war. Sanchez/Florian would be an intriguing matchup.

This was an awesome weekend for me and MMA :

1) This fight was one of the best fights of the year.
    2) I saw highlights of Tim Sylvia getting knocked out by Ray Mercer in about 10 seconds.
    3) I saw what was probably the greatest submission victory I've ever seen and will probably never see again (it actually happened about 1-2 months ago in the Bellator fighting championships, but I hadn't seen it until this past weekend).

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Great fight, just watched it online...those guys are nuts.

8. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Fedor killed both Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski's careers. They've both been knocked in a total of like 20 seconds.

Which submission was that in the Bellator fight?

9. Chamillionaire

10. chonox

chonox Member

11. engr chris

engr chris Member

Inverted Triangle. Sick!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bpr9lPqcMDM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bpr9lPqcMDM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Holy **** - that dude turned blue -- completely out !

13. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

That's crazy! I'm surprised I haven't already seen it. Wow.

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Sanchez absolutely owned him when they were standing up. Man, and those elbows he threw when Guida was on top of him...

Great fight

And you have to give Guida credit for getting up after that kick to the face...wow

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Sanchez/Guida should have been a draw. Guida won rounds 2 and 3 but Diego killed him in the first round. I have never seen a guy take blows like Guida did and keep coming. If anyone planning to fight him was thinking of being the first to knock him out they should scrap that game plan because nobody is going to knock this guy out.

I fully believe if the fight was longer Guida would have started to dominate. Diego fired both barrels at him and couldn't put him away while Guida was beginning to measure Diego and starting to land some good shots on him as well as consistently being in control on the ground.

Again, should have been a draw.

16. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Where can I watch this online? Nm, found it a couple of posts later.

#16 chow_yun_fat, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I don't know if it was a direct result of Fedor, but these 2 guys have killed their careers recently barring some miraculous comeback.

It was the inverted triangle that engr chris posted above. I saw that and realized the beauty of the submission game. That dude was out cold on his feet in seconds. Incredible.

18. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

holy **** he did turn blue. First time I saw anything like that and it was sick. If the guy would've held the triangle for a few seconds longer the other guy would have serious brain damage or even possibly die. :eek:

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you guys are interested, SpikeTV is showing a mess of UFC's "Ultimate Knockouts" right now.

20. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

that should have been a 5 round fight.

and thanks for the heads up DoD.