1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC on Fox 2] Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KingCheetah, Dec 2, 2011.

1. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

So far, the first UFC-Fox show is better unless Rashad Evans can KO Phil Davis. The first UFC fight on Fox ended in one minute while all three fights tonight have all went to the judges decision.

2. Asian Sensation

Looks like tarzan. Fights like Jane.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Poor night for the UFC -- the first fight was awful with both fighters utterly exhausted after the first round, joke of a decision for Sonnen (fix to set up the big money rematch with Silva), and a boring one sided main event with a completely outmatched Phil Davis.

At least it was free I guess.

Let's hope Jones beats the hell out of Evans.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Those fools gift-wrapped a unanimous decision for Sonnen, that faux WWE ass-clown, setting up a hefty payday for Dana and the suits. The judge that scored the bout 30-27 should be subject to a curb-stomping from Bisping himself.

All in all, a forgetful night.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Prelims were way better than the FOX card

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Dana himself said that was horrible decision by the judges so don't put him in w/the judges shenanigans.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They gift wrapped a decision cause Chael won the decision. 29-28 was the worst you could have scored it for Chael and 30-27 wasn't crazy like you think. What exactly did Bisping do in the fight?

It was a boring fight and from what I'm reading Chael gassed cause he cut too much weight. Hope he can find some undetectable steroids for his fight with Anderson or else he is gonna get KO'ed standing with that slop he was throwing out there.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It was a close fight I thought Chael won

Rd 1, Chael two takedowns, Bisping wall and stall twice, Chael Wall and Stall twice, Bisping won standup by a very slim margin 10-9 Chael

Rd 2, Bisping Wall and stall all round 10-9 Bisping

Rd 3, Obvious Chael 10-9

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I have seen enough UFC decisions to know that they are not fixed. I thought Sonnen won and the stat sheet posted by robbie above seems to indicate that. I think Rogan's commentary (which was that Bisping won) influences peoples' perspective.

11. MourningWood

Watch the post-fight presser -- Sonnen mentioned that he and Bisping spoke just prior to Buffer announcing the decision, and Bisping apparently told him, "I think I took rounds 1 and 2." To which Sonnen replied, "I think you're right."

After recalling that exchange, Sonnen went on to say something along the lines of, "Bisping could have taken it 30-27, and you wouldn't hear a single complaint out of my mouth."

Most people, including Dana & Sonnen himself, thought Bisping won.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No sonnen never said he lost the fight, he said they were close rounds that could've gone either way

The score was either 29-28 chael or Bisping depending how you scored the first round

IMO and many other's it was a close 10-9 Chael, but you can also make the argument of 10-9 Bisping.

13. MourningWood

Chael was unable to capitalize on his takedowns in the first round, as Bisping wall-walked and popped right back up to his feet. I think Bisping got the better of the standup, and was fairly impressive while employing dirty boxing tactics and reversing position on numerous occasions against the fence v. an Olympic-level grappler.

Either way, Bisping's stock is undoubtedly on the rise. I wonder who he gets next?

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It honestly could've been a draw. Bisping still has the moral victory though while Sonnen will probably get criticized.

Also Charles Olivera from Houston with the calf slicer submission.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I forgot to mention, Rogan did that thing sometimes where he chooses a fighter and becomes completely bias in favor of them. He made it seem like Sonnen was getting whooped even though it was alot closer.

16. sew

sew Member

I had Sonnen winning 29-28.

I don't know why everyone is up in arms. It was a close fight and easily could have went either way.

17. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Sonnen was the better fighter.

Now I'd like to see Bisping vs Munoz too.

18. gambingo

gambingo Member

It was a close fight and could have gone either way, but i have Bis winning 29-28. To me when a fight goes to a decision, i think the fighter who did more damage should be the winner. Bis did more damage standing up than Sonnen did with a couple of those take downs in rd1 and 2, which he couldnt capitalized bc Bis got up fairly quick. R3 goes to Sonnen bc he was controlling most of that rd with his wrestling, again he didnt really do much damage to Bis but he won the rd bc he held Bis down for so long.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Umm, judging by responses on here I don't think I'm the only one that may have thought that.

Actually all I posted was that Dana didn't like the decision. Personally I gave the 1st and 3rd to Chael and the 2nd to The Count.

Sloppy fight as you mentioned but I thought Chael was more positive than Bisping. Sloppy but more effective than he's opponent. We know Anderson won't let sloppiness like that go unpunished.

20. lean

lean Member

It's pretty funny how the UFC caught some flack the first time around on fox because they only had one fight and it only lasted a minute. Now second time around, they have three fights and they're all boring decision crawls. TBH the top two fights were ones I really wanted to see so I'm not complaining, but I'm sure the UFC will once again be criticized for their showing on fox. Seems like the fans are never happy unless it's Griffin/Bonnar or Shogun/Hendo xD