1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC] GSP vs. Hardy

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ron from the G, Mar 26, 2010.

Tags:
?

GSP vs. Hardy

Poll closed Mar 28, 2010.
  1. GSP KO

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. GSP Submission

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. GSP Decision

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Hardy KO

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Hardy Submission

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hardy Decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I got Shamrock

3. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

GSP by total domination

The fight I'm most excited to see is the Carwin vs Mir. Brock is going to be cage side and will greet the winner after the fight, so if Mir wins, you can expect some fireworks.

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I was excited about the Fitch/Alves fight but its off now due to some Catscans on Alves' brain. Its now Saunders/Fitch btw.

5. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

who ever thinks GSP is going to walk through Dan Hardy does not know anything about MMA.

Dan Hardy can Knock out GSP if they stay standing.

If GSP is smart he will take him down over and over and point out a win...

6. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I agree. I think GSP will win by submission, but it's going to be closer then people think. Hardy has cement hands and if he can get just one surprise opening to land a haymaker he could knock out GSP.

7. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

I would go as far as to say 60 - 40 in GSP's favor...

I think Hardy has a legit chance to get the K.O.

Heavy hands, nothing to lose, Heart, Heavy hands....

on the other hand GSP has: great/elite wrestling, Cardio from hell, all around martial artist and athlete.

Should be a great fight...

8. DaDream

DaDream Member

Did you see sanchez v Penn.....

its going to be basically a replay with GSP v Hardy... you know who I am talking about

9. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Alves is a much better striker than Hardy, and GSP, demolished him. Hardy couldn't finish Marcus Davis or Mike Swick, two fighters who were both finished in their next fight.

Just look at the fighters GSP has beaten, Hughes, Penn, Fitch, and Alves, All much better fighters than Hardy. People are buying into Hardy's big mouth, when in reality, he has no shot at beating GSP.

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

11. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Hardy does have a puncher's chance; that's about it. The only way he wins if he pulls a Serra with the KO. Otherwise his ass is grass, and GSP will smoke it!

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A GSP fight is a must see regardless of who he is fighting -- he's the Paq man of the UFC.

13. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Alves has better Muay Thai Kick boxing but IMO I think Hardy is a better Boxer.

14. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Hardy has a puncher's chance (Matt Serra) but GSP will outclass Hardy in this fight. His ground game is a far superior and I dont understand how people are underrating GSP's stand up...early in his career he showed hes a dynamic striker thanks to his technical skills and athleticism. And Hardy's most notable wins, Marcus Davis and Mike Swick? Pleaseeeeee!! This fight will go like the Alves fight, 5 rounds of GSP ground and pounding

15. Htown's2kFinest

i dont know but GSP fights haven't been as exciting as before. he's been going a lot more to his wrestling and ground n pound. i liked watching him more earlier in his career when he stood up more. i still will be tuned in tho.

16. sew

sew Member

No doubt, Hardy can KO GSP, but so can almost anyone else if they get lucky.

There's all this hype regarding Hardy's boxing, but BJ and Alves are both better strikers than Hardy, and GSP destroyed them both standing up.

I want to see a good fight, but GSP should win via what ever the **** he wants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIa5hr4QZOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIa5hr4QZOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I either see Mir subbing Carwin or Carwin KO'ing Mir. I don't expect this fight to go past the first round either.

17. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

This. And I'm a huge Hardy fan and have been since he came into the UFC.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I have to agree with this. GSP has to be smart not to get caught, Hardy has great hands. I'm expecting St Pierre to punish him taking him down, time after time frustrating Hardy wearing him out. I don't think a week of training with Serra will make a big enough difference. That being said Hardy is more dangerous than what people think.

I read that GSP by fight day will weigh about 194#'s, that's massive for a welterweight. He says it's the biggest he will ever be. Not sure exactly how he knows that's the weight he will gain back after the weigh in, but that's what he says

19. Asian Sensation

GSP is way too cerebral and skilled for Dan Hardy. I agree with everyone that says Hardy has nice strikes and good punching ability but he has way too many holes in his game. UFC did a great job of pumping up Hardy and this fight but GSP will expose him badly.

CanAzn Ninja will be victorious once again.

20. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

GSP via knock out.