1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC] Fedor Emelianenko, UFC finalizing deal?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by farrisdabis, Jul 28, 2009.

1. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/07/fedor-emelianenko-ufc-finalizing-deal.html

I really hope this is true. If it is, I'm going to flip out in excitement. Although something inside of me tells me it won't happen.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. Asian Sensation

It's bound to happen!

Brock vs. Fedor coming soon.......

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Fedor would murder Brock

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

For the win...!

He might be so dominate that they'll start making triple threat matches and tag team matches to bring more interest in the heavy weight division

6. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Yes! Time to destroy the Brock hype

7. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

brock would eat fedor

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

YOU LIE

9. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Fedor is holding a press conference tomorrow:

http://mmafighting.com/news/2009/07/28/fedor-emelianenko-hold-press-conference-wednesday
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fedor Emelianenko has announced a press conference for Wednesday in Anaheim, California to discuss his future following the cancellation of Affliction "Trilogy."

"Since the cancellation, there has been a great deal of speculation regarding Fedor and M-1," Fedor's manager Vadim Finkelchtein said in a statement. "On Wednesday, the media and fans will be able to hear what’s going on with Fedor from the man himself."

Fedor has expressed his disappointment with the positive result of Josh Barnett's drug test but hasn't spoken to the public since the cancellation of the event.

Stay tuned to MMAFighting.com for news of Wednesday's conference.

10. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

11. cdastros

cdastros Member

A Brock v Fedor fight would be like Rocky 4, except everyone will be rooting for the Russian.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/07/28/Emelianenko.Octagon/

M-1 Global says Fedor, UFC not close to a deal

The news contradicts a recent report by the Los Angeles Times
    Dana White was rumored to be close to signing Fedor to UFC

By Josh Gross, SI.com

Denying a published report Tuesday by the Los Angeles Times, M-1 Global officials told SI.com that Fedor Emelianenko and the Ultimate Fighting Championship are not close to finalizing a deal that would bring mixed martial arts' top heavyweight in the Octagon.

"I can give you a guarantee it's not accurate," said Apy Echteld of M-1 Global, a St. Petersburg, Russia-based promotion and management company of which Emelianenko is an equity stakeholder.

According to the Times' report -- which referenced an unnamed source unaffiliated with the UFC and "with information about the negotiations" -- UFC president Dana White was set to announce the signing of Emelianenko on Friday. The source also said negotiations between the top MMA promoter and the Russian champion's camp were "very civil," and that both groups were discussing details on the pending public announcement.

Echteld declined to comment on negotiations between M-1 Global and the UFC, which are rumored to be taking place Tuesday in Los Angeles. He pointed to a press conference Wednesday in Anaheim, Calif., for "important" news on Emelianenko's fate.

13. Christopher

Christopher Member

My care factor about this guy coming to the UFC has been at zero for a long time.

Then again I'm gone to a new era in following sports, I only get excited about an actual contest rather than hyperbowl rubbish before the fact.

14. Egghead

Egghead Member

about time....

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It seems like whenever these forever-hyped events actually happen it's a big disappointment. Watch Fedor finally ink a deal with UFC and then fight one more fight for some other outfit and get KO'ed by a nobody. Either that or he will come to UFC and on his way to the ring for the Lesnar fight he will slip, fall down and explode his knee thus ending his career.

That's just the way things work.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If this does happen, they need to hurry up and ink the Brock/Fedor fight. I'm afraid if they try to give Fedor prelim fights, he'll lose. I still can't believe how CroCop's career took a left turn after that Gonzaga fight.

17. Jayou

Jayou Member

QFT. Please don't remind me how CroCop pulled a David Caruso's career after losing to Gonzaga. :) But he is coming back to the UFC. I hope he's in shape this time and can knockout somebody out with a liver kick.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I haven't been following MMA the past few weeks, but CroCop is coming back to the UFC? Last I had heard, he had dealed a multi-fight contract with some other organization and we probably wouldn't see him or a year or two at least.

19. Jayou

Jayou Member

Yeah, actually now that you mention it, I've read conflicting reports that he signed a fight deal with DREAM in Japan. But there's also rumors that Cro Cop is fighting Junior dos Santos at UFC 103 in Dallas. Who knows what's what until we see confirmed fight cards, I guess.

20. Asian Sensation

He won at UFC 99 and he's scheduled to fight the Brazilian kick boxing champion in UFC 103. He is back indeed.

Completely agree. Dana needs to sign Fedor and get him in the ring against Brock ASAP. I don't see what the holdup is. UFC is a cash cow... pay Fedor and get his ass in the octagon.