1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC] Couture vs. Lesnar

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by duwende, Sep 2, 2008.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Couture got knocked down and grounded and pounded.

2. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Brock Lesnar is an animal. This guy can't be human. I'm so impressed by him although I was rooting for Couture.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Fedor would dominate him no problem. Saw so many arm bar opportunities for him to exploit.

4. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Definitely. Fedor would tear him up in every facet. I want to see how well Brock would do against Big Nog.

5. Asian Sensation

I'm not so sure about that. Would be a good fight no doubt though. Brock can take some big hits and he made Couture look like a toy in the cage. He really is the NEXT BIG THING.... Literally.

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I wish this were true. Kinda like I wish Aaron Brooks can be CP3. But sorry, Lesnar is not in the same class as Fedor.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

the only fighter in the same class as fedor is anderson silva...fedor v silva...how sick would that be?

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

how does lesnar even get in this fight? 3 fights losing one of em and he gets a title shot? :rolleyes:

9. Christopher

Christopher Member

Is that a bad thing though?

I mean, I'd rather see fights like this happen when you want them to happen rather than waiting years on end and then if they do happen, both fighters are past it.

And lets face it, he won, so he is good enough.

Its going to be really interesting to see not only how the UFC handles him, but how Lesnar handles the mantle.

He seems to be the type of guy that gets to a certain level and then flips out and throws his career away over night.

10. opticon

opticon Member

I dont think he will get board because their is so much about MMA he does not know.

To put it in basketball terms he is D. Howard. He is big and raw, his game is not balanced or polished yet. He is beating people with his talent right now.

As good as Randy was in his prime he was not the best in the Heavy weight division. You still have guys like Gonzaga and Nogera and even Mir. If he gets through those guys over the span of the next 1 year then we can talk about him getting bored.

11. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

12. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Anyone else think that it looks like Couture took a dive? Brock didn't even connect with a punch when Randy fell.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Looked like he just fell trying to duck and then Brock pounced on him and started battering his head. But if you watched a bit before he went down, coming out of the clench up against the cage, Randy got caught by a knee to the head from Lesnar. I'm not sure he fully recovered from that.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Unless Couture was hurt by the knee when they were up on the fence before moving to the center -- that was pretty sketchy. If you watch the strikes right before Couture goes down they were weak -- barely connected.

Strange ending.

15. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Didn't Randy kick Gonzaga's ass during his last fight?

Brock looked far from invincible but he just knocked out a Randy Couture that looked very game and ready.

By the way, Brock may not have "deserved the" shot, but think of it as a champion boxer fighting a bum in a "stay busy" fight. Like Zab Judah losing to Carlos Baldomir. It happens, if you beat the man you become the man.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol pretty sketchy and weak strikes? were you watching the same fight? :confused: lesnar nailed couture right behind the ear with a very solid shot. if a 280 lb slab of muscle smashes you behind the ear you are gonna get rocked even if it isn't hardest shot possible.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

you know he was in WWE before, right? they are just a touch more over the top in that organization. brock is a pretty level headed guy. he will be fine.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Those strikes were weak and they didn't connect well at all -- he must have been been really woozy from the knee to the head before they moved to the center.

19. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

It's a shot to the temple. Any fighter hit there usually gets knocked down after a delayed reaction, it's an equilibrium destroyer. Unfortunately in MMA, they don't give you 8 seconds to recover like in boxing.

You also don't need to land a perfect shot when you outweigh the guy by 60 pounds of muscle, it's easy to say they look "weak" when you're watching on TV.

20. Asian Sensation

Because of the hype/name/potential. Besides.. his loss was a fluke loss. If he lost the fight last night against Couture then you can roll your eyes all you want but he won convincingly. Tell me.... who in the UFC heavyweight division has a realistic shot at beating him?