1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC] Couture vs. Lesnar

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by duwende, Sep 2, 2008.

1. duwende

duwende Member

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7012&zoneid=1

Any thoughts? I think it's awesome

2. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

Wow, some fight. I really wanna see Couture fight Fedor though.

3. thech0senone

thech0senone Contributing Member

Should be an awesome fight. Couture no doubt is the favorite but I wouldn't be shocked if Lesnar wins.

4. Jayou

Jayou Member

Couture will not be able to manhandle Lesnar like he does against non-wrestlers. He'll have to decision against Lesnar; it's highly doubtful that he'll be able to knock Brock out.

If Brock learns some ground game then Couture could be in big trouble.

5. Asian Sensation

I love Couture and all but Lesnar is gonna throw him around like a rag doll. I know Couture beat Sylvia pretty bad but Lesnar is a whole different beast. If Couture has any chance at winning this fight it's going to be via submission however submission is not one of Couture's greatest assets and to submit Lesanar you've got to get him on the ground first and I just don't see Couture taking Lesnar to the ground and if he does Brock will be on top and in control. My guess is Brock via TKO or decision.

6. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

That is going to be a great fight! I still wish Brock could F-5 people! :D

7. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

unbelievable match :eek:

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

this is bs...i hope couture destroys him. I really wanted to see him and fedor before he retires but this looks like it will never happen.

#8 robbie380, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  9. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Yeah I was really wanting to see Couture/Fedor as well. Damn.

Here's hoping Randy destroys brock!

10. LouisianaRocket

this fight is just to get Randy prepared for Fedor, they already said Fedor and Randy will fight. And Randy is going to destroy Brock.

11. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

He can, can't he? It might be hard to do.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

after doing some research i saw that randy has 2 more fights with UFC and that UFC would try to organize a bout with fedor in 2009 as a concession to randy in their contract dispute. who knows if it would actually get done but it is out there. either way they need to get randy on some of the clear and the cream so his old ass will be ready for fedor when he is almost 46.

13. Christopher

Christopher Member

WOW!

It looks like I'll be getting the UFC on ppv for the first time ever for this fight!

You can talk about who deserves what all you like, but find me one person that wouldnt like to see this fight happen.....and that's what its all about!

14. LouisianaRocket

After Fedor beat Sylvia, when in the ring Randy said that the fight will happen. they said within a year. It's going to be the biggest fight ever in MMA History, and Randy is going to dominate Fedor... Randy won't be dropped like a bag of bricks by Fedor, and Randy's ground game > Fedor's...

only reason the fight never happened is because Fedor wants to get paid for fighting Randy, this time around the price will be right, and the fight will take place. Probably not under UFC, but it will happen.

15. tested911

tested911 Member

Randy is going to dominate Fedor? Man I've been watching Fedor ever since his 1st fight in Pride and let me tell you that he has the best ground work for a big man I have ever seen.. It's not even close.. Fedor of course want's to get paid because he is the best Heavy Weight in the world in MMA right now.. Will Randy vs Fedor be one of the best MMA fights in the decade? Hell yeah but if you think Randy is going to lay the smack down on Fedor your wrong.

Randy has been trying to get out of the UFC because they wouldn't allow him to fight Fedor and he's been getting underpaid. They have been hyping up Brock so much that they are trying to make him a legitimate heavy weight. (Which bring in Money). Brock is still raw and needs help on his ground work which is weird considering he was a real wrestler ( Not the fake TV crap )

16. LouisianaRocket

I'll take Randy's groundgame over Fedors anyday. Randy is a pittbull from any position. Stand up, i'll take fedor's standup skills over Randy's, but since 90% of fights end up on the ground.... I gotta give Randy the edge, I have seen him dominate people that people said he would never dominate on the ground. Chuck Lidell has some of the best take down defense I have ever seen, and Randy schooled him. Took him down and proceeded to show Chuck that he was trash. Randy is the most underrated fighter ever, along with Fedor... but when them two meet in a ring, octagon, where ever. Randy is going to school Fedor IMO.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

you would take couture's ground game over fedor's???? fedor has basically never lost and 16 of his 29 wins are by submission. he can do almost any submission from any position. the guy is sick. also you forgot how couture has lost 2 out of 3 to liddell. i'm not trying to degrade couture but you need to state everything.

also about couture

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/othernews.asp?articleID=239250

18. LouisianaRocket

Besides Sylvia who was clearly knocked silly before Fedor choked him.Show me one person that Fedor submitted that was a top 25 MMA fighter.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well the first person i think of is randleman. you can look thru his matches here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

others on there are lindland, hunt, coleman, and probably some others i am missing.

20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Watch more Fedor fights. He's probably the best ground and pound fighter in the heavy weight division. Coleman was one of the first but Fedor adopted some of his approach to take down and ground and pound fighting because he saw how effective it was.

He's also one of the best submission fighters out there. It's like for fun he decides how he wants to win a fight before it starts. He'll punch someone on the ground, then be like "Hey I think I'll do an armbar." When he's gone against much bigger and stronger opponents he's outsmarted them by submission on the ground.

When he's gone against the best BJJ fighter in the heavy weight division that's regarded as the best submission expert out there, he's avoided all submission by Nog, and punished him constantly for even trying. And this is your current UFC champion right now. He's beat him twice.

He's faced fighters of all types and come out on top. His record is practically perfect and you still think Couture is a better fighter? I think if a Couture vs Fedor ever does happen Fedor will win in 1st round probably by submission the way he did Coleman. He has a good way of putting over the hill fighters into retirement. The only sad thing is Couture fighters would probably say that he would win if he was 10 years younger. I love how UFC fans hype their fighters so much against former Pride fighters. 3 current champs in UFC by former Pride fighters.

Also Liddell sucks. All he's capable of is throwing hay makers. And isn't Liddell from a lower weight class so wouldn't it be easier for a guy much stronger to take down Liddell? I think that's a pretty weak example.

I do think Couture will mop the floor with Lesnar though. Too much hype, and the guy is too raw to go against someone with experience like Couture.