1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 156] Aldo vs. Edgar

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Commodore, Feb 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Feb 2

[​IMG]

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=02eXR4ODrQVTgQREnLaKN7EOKoToHbuB&pbid=df56043a8061451d89897bbd6ee37d9a"></script>
    <script src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=df56043a8061451d89897bbd6ee37d9a&ec=hyaXF4ODrp5MPkv63oul5n33Hg_MlJ5q"></script>

2. Asian Sensation

Sweet card. I'll go Edgar, Shad, Reem.

Can't wait to see Edgar vs Aldo. Aldo hits hard but Edgar's taken the best shots from Benson and Maynard and never got KO'ed. I think Edgar's pace, cardio and heart will win out.

Lil Nog is passed his prime and I think Shad is a bad matchup for him. I'll go Shad with a KO victory via wild hook like the kind he destroyed Chuck with.

Overeem is going to destroy Big foot. Bigfoot has nothing for him.

3. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

This is one sick card. Although I'm pretty sure I can't watch it live (again), here are my choices:

Junior for champ (again)- I have much respect for Edgar but this is one explosive fighter. Edgar has heart and is resilient but Junior has too much skill and a lot of ammo (fists, elbows, knees, kicks, you name it).

Little Nog- Even though he is past his prime, I'm still rooting for him. I'm not really sure of Suga on MW because he was a HW before and the power might be reduced when he went down. I'm expecting take downs from both sides.

Uber- He's my choice for the "Baddest Man on the Planet" title. The difference in explosive power will be imminently obvious...until someone gases out.

Maia- Honestly this is a fight that I want to see if given the chance. For martial artists and for those who want to appreciate MMA in it's stylistic form, this fight will showcase the art form. It will be boring as hell when they'll just be trying to yank each other's arm for 5 rounds though :p

McCall and Tibau- glad to see them back.

In MMA (especially HW fights), one punch from anyone in the right spot means nighty night on the other. I may be wrong with my predictions but I'm sticking with them nonetheless.

4. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

this is a MONSTER card

5. lean

lean Member

You just know Overeem/Silva will be a bloodbath... check out the staredown at 0:35 of this vid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xl1mvd8h_rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. VanityHalfBlack

What happen to KZ???? Is he not ready for Aldo? Edgar lost like twice if I recalled?

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Jose Aldo will beat somebody tonight.

8. Commodore

Reem and Bigfoot are like cartoon characters, can't wait, although often the heavyweights just gas out at the start

9. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

[​IMG]

Oh yeah.

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Bigfoot looks like a mutant lol

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I feel bad for Edgar. I respect the hell out of him even though I was a huge Benson supporter for the both the fights. Edgar got all this pressure to move down and while the immediate title match is great, he might just get beat by a better fighter in Aldo. Edgar tonight could be the clear #2 in two weight classes and just not good enough / fortunate enough to be the title holder.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This card is insanely stacked

Can't wait for Fitch vs Maia

13. jae713

jae713 Member

Jon Fitch just got schooled by Maia.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Who can honestly say they didn't get submitted with Maia spending 15 minutes on their backs with both hooks in.

Fitch's sub D is pretty elite

Maia is just Maia

15. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

This. Love to see the Zombie take on Aldo.

16. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

TAKE THAT OVEERATED BRIT MF!!!!

17. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

18. Commodore

WAR BIGFOOT!

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

damn bigfoot has wins over Fedor and Alistar Overeem now