1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 148] Silva - Sonnen 2

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Commodore, Apr 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I wasted bandwidth on that ****.:mad::mad:

2. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

That backhand by Sonnen was pitiful. Glad Silva won, greatest of all time. He shouldn't lose his belt to a punk like Sonnen.

3. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Silva called him over and said that he didn't have any bad blood despite Sonnen disparaging his country. He said, this is just a sport.

Sonnen looked uncomfortable, Silva then said something like, "Hold on Brazil," to a chorus of boos, "let's show this man that we are polite." Sonnen looked even more idiotic/uncomfortable as Sonnen shook his hand and invited him to a BBQ.

BTW
    ...if you haven't had "brazillian bbq"...you have not lived. Sonnen, you really should go. Get SOMETHING out of this debacle.

1 person likes this.
  4. jae713

jae713 Member

Spinning back fist cost Sonnen the fight... or a longer fight.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I got all drunk for nothing. F U Chael

6. sew

sew Member

Who's next for Silva? .. Munoz? Bisping?

He's going to retire undefeated in the UFC.

7. gambingo

gambingo Member

Other than that first initial take down in the 1st rd, Silva did pretty well defending the other ones in the 2nd. Silva is just too good, Sonnen can take anyone down, but he just doesnt have the power to take them out.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Most of the fights were not very exciting, but it is always something to see Silva fight.

That backhand wasn't even close, and the moment the fight went standing it was easy to see Chael lose his composure which of course we all saw when he foolishly decided to thrown a spinning back fist. That's why Silva is the champ and Chael is not.

Two times he made silly mistakes, and both times Silva capitalized on them.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

George St. Pierre?

10. sew

sew Member

or JBJ

11. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Bisping?! Lol, maybe if Dana wants to actually have someone literally die in the octagon. Chael is the only legitimate middleweight contender that can beat Anderson and I don't see them doing Anderson/Chael III. It's time for him to move up

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mayweather vs silva

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Not even in the same weight class.

14. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Right. Not that I think that Bisping would win but Sonnen got a less than unconvincing win over him. Sonnen is, however, a more difficult matchup for Silva than Bisping would be.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Silva pulls guard and triangles him in like 2 seconds

16. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Jon Jones v Silva would be NASTY!

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This would be the last one I would pay for. What a waste of $55 tonight!!!

18. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Actually, he can retire now. Sonnen was one of the best adversaries he had in recent defenses. It's all fighting downhill for Silva now. Rush? Indirectly he said that he doesn't want to fight him. Also, the WW division is alright with Condit and Diaz there. Bones? They don't want to fight each other. Besides, dude wants to move up to HW (he will get smashed there by the way).

I support Munoz but he wouldn't be a good match. Bisping? Please. Silva further cemented his status as one of the greatest in MMA and the undisputed king of the MWs. I'd think about retirement if I were him. No real challenges in the near future.

19. Asian Sensation

I'm a big GSP fan BUT he can't even finish guys in his own division. What makes you think he has a chance against the best FINISHER OF ALL TIME who fights in a weight class above?

Also, GSP would get his **** handed to him by Fail Sonnen as well.

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

You would've thought that after going out and taking round 1, Sonnen would have shifted the game plan so poorly in round 2. That was horrible execution on the spinning back fist and an untimely loss of balance only to face a knee to the face, which didn't hit directly, but should've put the fight into perspective for him.