1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 130] Rampage vs. Hamill

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, May 27, 2011.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This rampage fight is only a matter of time...

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This looks like a broke ass sparring match.

Waste of a PPV.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hamill blows... Rampage is dominating without even really exerting himself...

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Hamill's a joke -- what happened to that clown "breaking Rampage's will" and "outclassing" him? Child, please. Go back to irrelevancy.

He asked for the fight, and then tip-toed around the Octagon for 3 rounds, eating shots and continually getting stuffed by Rampage. I'm all for a Rampage-Jon Jones bout...

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Is Jackson the #1 contender to go against Jon Jones??????

Or is Rashad Evans going to fight him?

6. MourningWood

No one really knows... it could end up being Rashad/Jones (as originally planned), or possibly Rampage/Jones (though must figured Rampage needed to KO Hamill in spectacular fashion to really elevate himself to #1 contender status).

Rampage/Rashad makes the most sense, IMO -- allow Jones to hold the belt and continue to juice his starpower, then let the winner take him on at the end of the year. Plus, Rampage and Rashad hate eachother's guts, and many have been wanting to see that rematch for a while.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Doesn't matter, Jon Jones will smash whoever. And I already see the Rampage haters coming out of the woodwork, he's getting hated on more than Hamill it seems which is ridiculous considering Hamill did everything in his power to avoid striking exchanges and moving away. Hamill has only ever been finished once, guy is tough but not 10 material.

8. MourningWood

True, Hamill's severely overrated. Considering he's 34, that was likely his only opportunity to really establish himself as a legitimate contender. If he wants another crack at Jones, or whoever's donning the belt in the future, he's going to have to try to work his way back through murderer's row -- Rampage, Evans, Shogun, Machida, etc.

Rampage/Jones is the most intriguing bout, IMO. Stylistically, I like the way Rampage matches up with Jones. He's heavy-handed, a dynamite counter puncher, and possesses top-notch takedown defense. Jones has already proven that world-class wrestlers like Evans are no match for him... he absolutely steamrolled through Bader and Hamill (though he was DQ'd). Jones sometimes gets overaggressive and overexposes himself, which would make hm susceptible to a vicious left hook of Rampage.

I'd like to see this:

Rampage v. Evans II
    Winner v. Bones Jones (title)

OR

Rampage v. Jones (title)

#28 MourningWood, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  9. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

Jon Jones is a huge mismatch for everyone at 205. I can't see him losing to any of the top ranked competitors in that division. I wish he would add some muscle mass and go for the heavyweight title.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Didn't even bother watching, but from reading people's posts here along with the thread page numbers, no one else did too.

11. MourningWood

Dana just mentioned during the post-fight presser that if Rampage gets the green light from the doctors (he apparently fractured his hand) he'll be next in line for Bones Jones.

12. MourningWood

That was one of the weakest main cards I've seen in a long, long time. Browne putting 6'11'' Struve to sleep with a superman punch was the highlight of the night, hands down. Alves-Story was underwhelming, but started to gain steam in the 3rd (definitely could have used another 2 rounds)... Mir steamrolled Big Country's fat ass, and Hamill's performance was pathetic.

Guida-Pettis next weekend for TUF finale... also, UFC 132 at the beginning of July is stacked -- Cruz/Faber, Tito Ortiz/Bader, Wanderlei/Leben (will end in KO, no doubt), Wiman/Siver. Also, Melvin Guillard, easily one of my favorite fighters, didn't even make the main card... he's one of the most vicious strikers in the world and an absolute freak of nature physically. Should be one hell of an event back at the MGM.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

14. MourningWood

I miss Pride Rampage... far more vicious and committed to MMA. He not only had the KO power he displayed against Chuck and Wandy in the UFC, but would power bomb fools and even lay down the law on the ground. Dude's down right savage!

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wxyvdpk3WDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

The Pride days were the best!

1 person likes this.
  16. Chamillionaire

cool video, but silva (pride) > rampage (pride).

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That's a fair statement, Wanderlei was a champion and beat him badly twice. But no one had stopped Liddell in his prime when everyone considered him unstoppable, except Rampage. And he did it twice.

18. MourningWood

Absolutely, Wandy stopped Rampage twice during his colossal 5-year undefeated streak in Pride, but Jackson definitely turned the tables on him in the UFC. Wandy did lose 3 out of his last 5 Pride bouts, which included Dan Henderson (Rampage beat him just months after he KO's Silva, unifying the UFC and Pride belts) and Ricardo Arona (Rampage KO'd him in the 1st round with one of the most savage power bombs in the history of MMA). Also, Jackson's 1st-rd demolition of Wandy a few years ago with that devastating left-hook was a thing of beauty.

19. VanityHalfBlack

One question: Crocop??? WTF happen to this guy??? Was the hype really there when he was in Pride cause his input in the UFC is just flat out unsuccessful....

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Chin and lack of steroids failed him when he went to the UFC