1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 126] Silva vs. Belfort

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, Jan 24, 2011.

1. SunsRocketsfan

LOL nice find.. repped haha

2. SunsRocketsfan

thats what i was thinking. he's so full of himself its hilarious.. another typical hollywood actor full of his own shi^t. Except he's not even relevant anymore

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's Anderson's own fault, He danced and ran around for 5 rounds with Damien Maia

4. SunsRocketsfan

silvia seems so humble.. kept on playing up segals ego and pretending it hurt really bad.. hilarious at the end..

Silvia: thank you coach.
    Segal: No dont call me coach call me sensei.

LOL while props for segal since it looks like it has some skills but he definitely did not learn modesty after all the years in japan studying martial arts.

5. sew

sew Member

Same thing happened at the weigh ins. Belfort was the fan favorite going into this fight.

Also, fans have been booing Silva since the Maia fight.

6. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Maybe it will calm down after this one.

As for GSP, he's going to get manhandled by Silva. Its going to be funny to watch all the people on GSP's testes look disheartened. Irt's amazing how they sell Silva short. Anderson had an off match with Sonnen and still won. Not to mention he was injured and Sonnen popped for HGH after that fight. Guess he was going for the home run.

Silva outwrestled Henderson and he's pretty good. He's got the size on GSP and more skill. GSP may have wrestling, but Silva's no slouch. GSP won't be able to just hold Anderson to the mat and gain points. Anderson will constantly maneuver for a submission. Plus he has great take-down defense aside from one match versus Sonnen. I'm curious if that was a fluke.

The guy's the best. You may not like his personality, but he has all the tools to dominate. I think this Jones kid or Shogun could give him a run, but who knows when that will happen.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He was positive for steroids -- I don't think his performance would have been nearly as impressive if he wasn't using them.

As for Jon Jones -- good luck Shogun...

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Oh come on you have to love Seagal, he's so dedicated to the idea of Seagal.

It may be phony, but it's not phony to him, that's what makes it so awesome.

9. jae713

jae713 Member

I think Rogan said that one of the reasons they outlawed it was because it's harder to defend when the fighter is throwing from the top or somethng along those lines.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know why people discredit Sonnen so much. Steroids or not, he is the only one that has ever come up with a formula of beating Anderson Silva, for 4 and half rounds at least.

Sonnen is probably the best pure wrestler in UFC, and he is really big for a middleweight. GSP might duplicate that performance and not get subbed like Sonnen, but I really doubt it because GSP is not a better wrestler than Chael nor is he nearly as big as Chael so he can overpower AS on the ground.

11. Wakko67

Its not about discrediting him, he is good. Its about stating the facts. The dude called out Lance Armstrong and was doped up himself. He also damn near got submitted earlier in the fight. Him losing was just a matter of time. If anything, I think it speaks to Silva that he endured and held on to find a way to win.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If he didn't roid it up you think he would have done what he did.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

First of all, wasn't the whole steroids thing about him having a condition of lower than normal testosterone. He was suspension was shortened after the appeal, and it was based on the fact that he didn't turn in proper paperwork for his condition.

Anyways, I really don't know the details, but let's just say he was roided up, that doesn't take away the fact that he was a two time national champion in wrestling and a world medalist. And with or without steroids he would've taken Anderson down no doubt.

14. sew

sew Member

Sonnen has to undergo testosterone replacement therapy because of reduced testosterone levels (something out of his control). Lance is just a cheater.

He was undergoing the same treatment during his fight with Okami, the only reason he was suspended (suspension was eventually cut in HALF) against Silva was because he didn't properly document his treatment to the California State Athletic Commission.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sonnens-Suspension-Reduced-28540

15. sew

sew Member

Therefore, stop discrediting Sonnen.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The whole steriod thing is always funny to me.
    when someone likes the person caught. . . . that person has a good reason
    and
    everyone else is just a cheater

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

GSP is nowhere near as big as Chael either. I remember taking a pic with Chael at the UFC in Austin and he is a big mofo. He is a legit 6'0"-6'1" and he looked like he weighed 220. When I had my arm around his shoulder for the pic it was like my arm was on concrete block of muscle. Lol not surprising that he got popped for roids.

GSP will be at a significant size disadvantage and I really don't know how he wins a fight against Silva.

Also, was it just me or did Silva look more muscular than he has ever been last night?

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Repped. For once, I'd like to hear a from a non-noble steroid user who gets caught. You know, like every once in blue moon a free agent says, "I signed here because of the money" instead of sucking the town's D. Everyone caught on steroids uses one of the following:
    -injury recovery
    -one time mistake
    -I didn't know it was in this supplement
    -I over-trained
    -I'm innocent

For once, I'd love to hear an athlete say something along the lines of "I want an edge. F the level playing field, I need to win. I'm not as good as others so I need this to be up to par. I need it to win because winning is everything."

19. Wakko67

Maybe you missed my point. There's nothing to discredit. The guy lost.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously.
    I mean . . .If someone came to 90% of the people
    and said
    Take HGH for 3 yrs . . and you will make 30 million dollars.
    NOW . .at the end of the 3 years. the world will know you a cheater
    and won't like you very much . . . . .

Where do I sign Up!!!

Rocket River
    . . . that is money to fund my family for GENERATIONS.
    Pass on it . . because the PUBLIC Won't like me??? Hell most of them wouldn't like me anyway!