1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 126] Silva vs. Belfort

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, Jan 24, 2011.

1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's over?

Just got back home from the game.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

After Silva/Sonnen I thought GSP would have a great chance to beat Silva. I think it depends on how motivated Silva is. If Sonnen gave the blueprint on how to beat Silva(except for getting caught in the submission) then GSP has a great chance. No way GSP can strike with Silva nor should he waste time doing so.

4. sew

sew Member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Dana White just confirmed that Silva/GSP will be next if GSP beats Shields.

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

You're watching too, huh.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I think anderson silva's too big for gsp. Anderson Silva is just too good. Best fighter in the world period.

I want to see Jon Bones fight Silva but we will never see this because Dana White is probably protecting him. Maybe in a few years, but Silva won't be in his prime by then.

9. rawool

rawool Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

After watching Chael Sonnen manhandle Silva on the mat for 4.5 rounds, I'm convinced that GSP, who's widely considered the best wrestler in the UFC, would hold his own against Anderson.

If you consider Silva "too big" for GSP, then what makes Silva a comparable specimen to Bones? Jones stepped in to the octagon tonight at 221 lbs., and he has a 7 inch reach advantage. He's the only fighter to ever toss Matt Hamill and Ryan Bader around like rag dolls. Plus, Silva already dropped from 205 over 2-3 years ago, and he's intent on fighting on 185 from here on out.

Also, I'm disappointed that Jones and Evans have already "promised" to never fight. They're best friends, train in the same camp, and Bones mentioned after the fight tonight that he'll never go toe-to-toe with Rashad, even if he beats Rua. We'll see how long that lasts... ultimately, it's a business, and main event money is too much to push away. Dana's going to promote that fight, and he's a stubborn, no nonsense SOB. If they refuse, he'll find an entertaining bout elsewhere.

According to Bruce Buffer, Jon Jones is going to be the "Muhammad Ali of MMA." This dude's going to be at the top of the food chain for the next 5-6 years.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Isn't it crazy that Jones only has 40 something days to prepare for a championship fight? It's a great opportunity since Evans is hurt, but damn he's gotta go back into 24/7 training mode by Monday.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Thanks bro, you just save me 3 hours from watching the actual event...

13. sew

sew Member

LMAO.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

DELETE

#154 codell, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  15. sew

sew Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UcNgrp2Ftew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol...

16. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That is damn hilarious :grin:

17. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Wow, here I thought this stuff was all bull, but Steven Seagal must be pretty legit.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FaVDFW_o1cA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What I keep thinking about when watching this video is how Sonnen kept saying Silva knew English and could speak it but acted like he didn't know it.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wow Seagal is so ****ing full of his own bs lol

Apparently AS who did not know what a front kick is until sensei Seagal invented it years ago and taught it to him... what a joke

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Perhaps Silva is like Yao when it comes to English. He may be able to speak it but doesn't feel confident speaking the language in public so he uses a translator with the public. I think that's how Yao was in his first few years in the H.

Also, why the f**k is Silva the one getting booed the first two/three mins of the fight, for not being aggressive and going after Vitor when Vitor was doing the same? The onus isn't on Silva to come out after his opponent, Silva's the champ. If Vitor wants the freaking belt then it's on him to come out after Silva. I just thought it was wack that the fans start chanting Vitor's name after booing, as if Vitor was the one being more aggressive to start the fight.

1 person likes this.