1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UFC 116] Lesnar vs Carwin

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RoxSqaud, Jun 29, 2010.

?

Carwin or Lesnar

1. Carwin

23 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Lesnar

67 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

Main card-
    Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin

Middleweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Chris Leben
    Welterweight bout: Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown
    Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Stephan Bonnar
    Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Preliminary card (Spike TV)-
    Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer
    Light Heavyweight bout: Seth Petruzelli vs. Ricardo Romero

Preliminary card-
    Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic
    Middleweight bout: Gerald Harris vs. Dave Branch
    Welterweight bout: Daniel Roberts vs. Forrest Petz
    Heavyweight bout: Jon Madsen vs. Karlos Vemola

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rCy9vqChmAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rCy9vqChmAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Carwin is going to destroy Lesnar.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I'm interested in the Grove, Schaub, Bonnar fights in addition to the main event.

I think this is the beginning of the end of Lesnar. I just don't think he will be the same fighter after his medical scare

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

no

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Rep.

Brock is just a freak.....a FREAK...

Carwin will be his biggest test....and has a punchers chance....

But i predict brock holds him....and crushes his face....

Seth P....the guy who beat gave Kimbo his first loss is fighting.....making his comeback to the UFC.....gonna like to see how that works out...

6. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Will be interesting see if the time off has really affected Lesnar. I'm going with Lesnar but would not be surprised to see Carwin pull it off. Carwin has incredible KO power.

7. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I'm picking Brock on this one. Why? Here's why:

We know both have KO power. That's a given. The one who will win now is the quicker fighter. Brock is not only a monster, he's darn right quick or his size. If you watch his fights again (i.e. against Crazy Horse) you will see that when his opponent gets knocked down, he pursues them like a wrecking ball pursuing an old building.

I'll be basing this one also in one "neglected" :grin: fighter: Frank Mir. Look at his face when he fought Shane and Mir. Notice the glaring difference.

Ergo, I'm picking Brock :)

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This has to be fake. If brock at 265 could run a 4.6 40, jump 36in, and bench 225 43 times he would be in the nfl.

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The Vikings didn't like his tattoo

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep. That's right, Gattaca. Skill = career.

Signed,
    Eddie Griffin

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Without the layoff, I think Lesnar could kill Carwin. With the layoff, I think it still may be possible. That being said, these two could easily knock each other out with one lucky punch, pounce the other one and bludgeon him to death. This is a toss-up, but my guess is that Carwin will get taken down, be ground and pounded and it won't be pretty.

... or carwin gets a lucky punch in and destroys Lesnar

13. Realjad

scroll down to 'the next big thing'
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1830855

^^ it lists some of his stats (35inch vertical.) It also lists his 40 yard as 4.7, not 4.6 but supposedly he later beat the 4.7, getting a 4.6.

But you are wrong, it isn't fake. If you search around online you can find them all with credible sources.

14. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Brock better run across the cage, shoot a double, control Carwin against the cage and pound him out.

I don't see Brock getting knocked out with one punch like Carwin's previous opponents, but I definitely think he can hurt him with one. Also considering Brock hasn't fought for a year, this could be a bad night for him. I hope he pulls it off though.

15. Realjad

Why is everyone so up on Carwin? He almost got knocked out by Gabriel Gonzaga, not to mention Gonzaga took him down easily until Carwin hit that lucky punch which just goes to say that everyone has a punchers chance, but the odds shouldn't be in his favor.

16. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

I like Shane but Brock is going to hurt him.

17. Asian Sensation

Shane Carwin is going to knock Brock Lesnar the F OUT. Lesnar is not going to be able to do his normal takem to the ground, get on top of em, smother and punch against Carwin.

Carwin is equally strong, has the same wrestling background and the Mofo has a much more fierce stand up/striking game. And most importantly he's got a stronger chin IMO.

I knew ever since the first time I saw Carwin he was legit. Every one of his fights ends with the opponents mouth piece flying. This one is going to be no different. They say the bigger you are the harder you fall. I like Lesnar but he's in a world of trouble. Carwin is the king of all heavyweights.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrGmvnJdblI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrGmvnJdblI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

18. Asian Sensation

Sidenote: Make a POLL.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Done.

20. Realjad

to the guy who posted the carwin video. Stronger Chin? Carwin doesn't have a strong chin, its never been tested and the only time he got hit he got rocked.

Dude Watch this video, the Gonzaga vs Carwin fight, note how easily Gonzaga got Carwin on the ground. If Gonzaga can get Carwin on the ground, Brock won't have a problem. Also note Gonzaga rocked him, Carwin has a punchers chance but he is slow and really not that good I'm sorry. Cain and Dos Santos would rape Carwin. Carwin is really too one dimensional and fighters who are one dimensional fade away.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Gabriel_Gonzaga_vs_Shane_Carwin_UFC_96?vid=10003729

Also note that Lesner took down and submitted Gonzaga in 50 seconds

http://www.shane-carwin.com/forum/topics/brock-lesnar-submits-gabriel

#20 Realjad, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010