1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UEFA Champions League Final 2009]Manchester United v Barcelona

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ClutchCity3, May 27, 2009.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Gutted!!!

Should have know we weren't going to win when we wore white for the match.
    We'd never worn white for any of the other 3 European Cup finals and the last time we wore white vs Barca we didn't get a victory-98/99.

I guess I'm a tad bit superstitious.

Losing is not fun but I know we didn't deserve to win. Just a bad game and the less said about O'Shea, Evra, Rio and Nemanja's marking on Messi the better.

2. lalala902102001

Ronaldo is a punk -- tried to break some legs after they lost.

The better team won today.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Just wasn't Man U's night. Props to Barca.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm not feeling so bad now after watching the match. (I'm still peeved at Rio's HORRIBLE marking on Messi for the 2nd goal and Vidic being used by Eto'o on the 1st)
    Like SAF sort of stated, I'd rather lose to Barcelona than Real Madrid. Barca do things the right way and sort of remind me of the Pittsburgh Steelers while Madrid remind me of the Dallas Cowboys.
    Good win by Barca and Messi's name is probably being written on the FIFA WPOY trophy as we speak.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

6. aghast

aghast Member

Ugh. I thought flopping in the NBA was bad; even the Argentinian national basketball team has nothing on Puyol's agonized writhing.

As an infrequent spectator (haven't seen any football/soccer since last World Cup), I think nothing says "The bubble is about to burst," quite like trotting out onto the pitch wearing the "AIG" whites.