1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyreke Evans averaging 20/5/5 as rookie

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lovemachine2000, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Lovemachine2000

Just saw Evans on top of the ESPN rookie ranking and looked up his stats. Dude is averaging 20 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and 1.55 steals per game while shooting 47%. The last rookie to average 20/5/5 was LeBron James. Brandon Roy, DWade, Kevin Durant, Melo all couldn't meet these marks. I know the season is still young, the Kings are an abysmal team, and it's still in the air that Evans can stay healthy and keep putting up these stats for a whole season, but personally I am surprised that Tyreke Evans has such a well-rounded game fresh into the league. Now I actually want to catch a Kings' game just to see Evans play. Was this a surprise to anyone else? For those who have watched his game? Is it as polished as the stats suggest? What are his weaknesses besides shaky outside shooting?

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

He is a superb size for a PG

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

He is very tall i think around 6-5 and can muscle the smaller guards like aaron brooks

4. Lovemachine2000

He is listed as 6'6", 220 lbs. I've read that his natural position is the 2-guard, which makes sense considering his size. The fact that he can start at the PG position shows that he has pretty impressive handles for his size.

5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

his name just sounds like he pwns.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

What's more important than those stats is that the Kings have already won 10 games with Evans running the show where as they only won 17 games in the entire 2008-09 season.

He may not be a sharpshooter but he's an impact player.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Portland had a hard time stopping him in the 2nd half last night. His game is so smooth.

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Got him on my fantasy

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The influx of PGs this draft. Phenomenal. Making the arrival of Rose & Westbrook last year look somewhat pedestrian. Rubio isn't here yet.

10. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So do I... Have a lot of folks trying to get him from me. Don't you just hate the BS trade offers?

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so does yours

12. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

drafted him for my fantasy league team, too, after i saw him in the preseason.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't thing he is a great pg. His handles and vision are good, but I think he will be better as a 2gaurd.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He reminds me of Steve...

15. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

That was my first thought when I saw your name.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been watching a lot of their games late, they play a lot like the Rockets....fun to see .....

DD

17. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

LOL.....agreed

18. matty101

matty101 Member

Tyreke Evans is an absolute stud. Everyone was on Jennings back side after he put up that 55 point game but Evans is just a much more complete player. He can get to the hoop and scores efficiently. His jump shot is the only thing that needs work.

The Kings have a real good thing going atm - young talented and hard working. They need to offload K-MART (the guy needs the ball in his hands way to much to be effective) and wait for Kenny Thomas' contract to expire and they can be a real good team in 2-3 years time. Evans, Thompson, Hawes are their core and then you through in young guys like Caspi, Udrih and Garcia when he gets back, and they got a real good young ball club.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The guy is legit, though Sacremento would be crazy to pair him with Martin when he returns. I like the fact that he has improved since getting more playing time with Udrih and Rodriquez. Even when Evans was at Memphis he was paired in the backcourt with Antonio Anderson.

This much seems certain: the Clippers, Grizzlies, Thunder and T-Wolves are kicking themselves for not taking this guy.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Seriously? The Kings might not be playing to K-Mart's strengths then. He's one of the better catch and shoot players in the league.