1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson on trading block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 18, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think that's possible. He made his last year unguranteed on his own and he doesn't even get 10 minutes every game. That is hell for a free agent to be.
    And now that you told me that his agent is the agent of other Rocket players that makes it even worse, they got even more leverage to demand a trade.

I saw this trade in the trading forum which I found the best of all slightly realistic ones
    Houston in: Afflalo + Calderon
    Houston out: Lawson + Jones + Dekker

Knicks out: Calderon + Afflalo.
    Knicks in: Lawson/Jones/Dekker

The bad is that you have to eat Calderon's salary. Afflalo will be a fa next year (will look to get paid MUCH more than what he gets now). I dont' even know if that's possible because Lawson is not a triangle pg and Afflalo signed so cheap because of personal relationship and almost certainly a promise by NY for new contract. Don't know if they would trade him.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

it doesn't seem like you would get much for him now because he is not doing much. it probably makes more sense to hold on to him and see if he turns it around.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Walters is CEO of Relativity Sports. Fegan works under him as President of their bball division

4. No Chill Rocket

http://m.imgur.com/Y5A5v

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

In fairness to lawson, there is no actual system here other than give the ball to harden and hope for the best.

1 person likes this.
  6. vick

vick Member

Brewer cant be traded until Jan 15

7. tdo

tdo Member

The system is to shoot when you are open, Ty is failing miserably. The other side of that is driving into the paint, which Ty has been extremely hesitant at doing as well.

Obviously the coaches/system deserve a little bit of blame considering the awful training camp, and apparent lack of accountability. There definitely needed to be more structure put in place at the beginning of the year to ease the transition for Ty, as well as all the other players.

That being said, at this point Ty is just not playing good ball. It's not the coaches, it's not the sytstem, it's not the players, it's Ty Lawson. He's way too content with just chilling in the corner. His defense has been awful. He's been careless with the ball. He can't make any kind of shother whether it's a layup, mid range, 3 pointer. He just looks disinterested at this point.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Here's some potential returns:

Nets: Lawson and TJones for Jack and Bogdanovic (rumor from cyberx)
    Nets: Brewer, Lawson and TJones for Joe Johnson (it's close vs apron cap)

Detriot: Lawson and TJones for Ilyasova and Steve Blake

Miami: Lawson and TJones for Dragic and Johnson

Milwaukee: Lawson for Mayo and Bayless

Philly: Lawson for Landry and Covington

New Orleans: Lawson and TJones for Eric Gordon

9. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

This makes a lot of sense. What our team really needs is a 3 and D shooting guard, since Harden is essentially our PG. Afflalo has the size and athleticism for the role, even if he is not elite. Then we hope that our secondary offense can come from DMo.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Watch Lawson put up 15/8 at his next team

This is:

1. A coaching issue not able to integrate Ty
    2. A Harden issue where he doesn't do anything when he doesn't have the ball. No coming off screens, no back door cuts. Just stops still demanding the ball
    3. Ty has just lost his confidence and part of this is 1 and part is 2

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lawson doesnt want to go down with the ship. Cant play with Harden (who can as of late?) and JB isnt experienced enough to make it all work.

#firstroundfodder

12. thekad

thekad Member

His value was extremely low coming off of a good statistical season. Now that he's playing like one of the worst players in the league, it's likely negative. Might as well sit him on the end of the bench and let his contract expire.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I would agree.

14. jk103

jk103 Member

Weirdly enough all the chatter about how guys don't like playing with Harden might actually help. I think there will be a team or two willing to take a chance on Lawson, hoping that a new role on a new team will make a difference. The Pelicans in particular seem like they should be desperate enough to try anything. Lawson's been terrible, but at least he's been healthy so he'd get plenty of minutes in New Orleans.

Lawson WON'T get us a Ryan Anderson level player unless we're willing to dump a ton of additional assets, but I think we should be able to snag a 10-15 mpg rotation player from somewhere.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

In a perfect world we trade Lawson/Jones/Brewer and get back Ryan Anderson in some 3 team deal.

At least then JB won't be playing any lineups with 2 of the 3 out there.

16. AXG

AXG Member

Ty Lawson for Brandon Jennings and Marcus Morris.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

I know. I don't understand why people think he has value. Look what we gave Denver over the summer, and he's looked terrible with us. I see the Rockets having to take back a player with a longer contract that the other team wants to get rid of.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

I kind of agree. Honestly, I don't want the Rockets making any moves that tie up flexibility until this team proves it's worthy of the investment. There's enough talent right now that this team should be better, but they aren't playing like a playoff squad, let alone contender.

The problems with this team aren't minor. If they were, we would have found a way to patch them before we got to trade season. The problems are fundamental, and we need a short term teardown to get us headed in the right direction.

19. Fefo

Fefo Member

Somebody like George Hill would be great. Not the best player, but a good guard with decent size , 39% 3 point shooter, can play off the ball and very good defender.
    Thats exactly the kind of player we need to play the point here with harden taking most of the ball responsabilities and distribution.
    But i dont think indiana will give up on him for Lawson :(

20. malakas

malakas Member

lawson isn't worth the 1/10 of Hills market value.