1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson on trading block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 18, 2015.

1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

This is all on the coaching staff.

Ty still has what it gots in his tank.

I blame for coaching staff decisions for his lack of existence on the court.

3. Mr. Dominant

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm gonna wait for this thread to pop off

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Happy Walters initially but now it's Dan Fegan

6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

We finally get a top 5 caliber PG and the coaching staff/GM can't get the head out of their asses so we just give him away after 27 games. :(

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, I cheered the Lawson deal. It looked like a steal at the time. Now? I hope we move him. Something isn't right with this team. Maybe Lawson isn't the problem, but he might be. Things have gotten so bad that a roster shakeup is called for, in my opinion, if Morey can find a decent enough deal. Every GM in the league knows we are desperate. Not the position a GM wants to be in, but it's where we are, in my humble opinion.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Happy Walters

Happy doesn't really have that many huge clients that he might try to move around for each other that could benefit the Rockets. He does however rep Corey Brewer too so that's interesting enough.

Also Walters is with Relativity which is Dan Fegan's show with like half the league in his pocket.

So yeah.... they have the power to broker deals. Hell they might TRY to get Dwight out now too, but doesn't sound like Dwight wants out like hacks such as Sheridan try to insinuate.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Yes they do. The agents have power a lot in some FO.

Not sure what it means that WOJ mentioned specifically that the agents are so much involved in finding a deal, my guess is that Morrey didn't find any satisfying and because he got Lawson to make the last year ung now the agents have leverage to pressure and impose a less favorable deal?

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Right, I was being silly giving credit to Clutchfans. It just seems your takeaway from Morey bowing to pressure is that he is an even better GM. My takeaway is he is worse. Still a good trade IMO. Good trades don't always work out. I blame the coaches though. No, I did not want them to totally change Harden's game. I know there has to be a way for those two players to excel together in the same offense. I believe our coaches just aren't good enough to find it.

11. Mr. Dominant

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JUcdh_nw5lQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You don't REALLY think that Lawson is a top 5 caliber PG, do you? That would be embarrassing.

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you would too, if you was playing with TJones and Brewer

14. dobro1229

I don't think he's necessarily better at the end of the day. That's not what I'm saying. I think he learned ALOT this past year, and we are learning as well some of the mistakes to avoid for the future... .well obviously WE don't make the deals but we can better understand now the way we should hope, and the way Morey should do deals moving forward.

What I am saying is that there is SOMETHING to the theory that Morey knew better than we did, or the agents/players did. He needs to sack up next time and take the heat for not doing a deal that he strongly believes is high risk or will not work out. He compromised to reduce risk, but at the end of the day he shouldn't do deals unless he really wants to do them or has the evidence to show its a win.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, not if he was anywhere near the player people thought he once was. He's been garbage this year, can't blame it on Harden, Jones, or Brewer.

16. dobro1229

Yeah I think around the time the Cyberx report came out was around the time that Morey was guaging on his own, and the agents probably now are taking matters into their own hands.

Which mean to us..... THE DEALS OUT THERE SUCK.

We might be better off just holding onto him in all honesty. This wreaks of Asik 2.0 in that the Rockets had so little leverage and market where they decided better to make no deal & risk unhappy players & agents vs. taking back crap.

Asik ended up being key for the Rockets in the 2nd half especially after the trade deadline. I'm not saying Lawson is as good as Asik but its just a situation we all should remember now at this time.

Good news is Lawson seems to be handling this much more professional than Asik did at the time.

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

oh well. these are the chances you have to take when you've got the GSW's in your conference. We got to try Lawson out for little cost. The upside was worth the risk.

As for blame - i blame every-f_cking-buddy. Lawson for having his head up his ass. The coaches for not finding a way to integrate him into the system. Harden and Howard for not having the leadership to make this work. Just another disappointment in a season full of them.

oh well. at least it's just basketball.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Not saying he's top 5, but you can't judge him from this year. What kind of numbers would Wall, Lowry, or Rondo put up if in Lawson's place - talking offense of course. What numbers would John Stockton put up on Rudy T and Hakeems teams?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They'd look awesome, because they are awesome players.....well except Rondo, he's hot garbage.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

even though the coaching staff failed him, lawson could've kept himself free of any trade rumors if he wasnt scared to shoot. he's passed up countless wide open shots, not just threes. if the rockets are ever serious about turning this b**** around, they need a real head coach.

ty could've been someting special here. he would've opted out and signed for a smaller deal to be another morey steal. too bad there's no system here.