1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson on trading block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 18, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good. It needs to be done.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Lawson, Thornton and Howard to Miami for Deng+McRoberts+Anderson+Justice+Dragic.

3. hakeemthagreat

I never thought somebody's body language could be worse than Harden's, but Lawson has him beat. I mean normally players who get in the game are hype and bouncing up & down, they come in with a certain energy. But Lawson just looks lazy. Last nite I saw him walking slow as hell to the bench after a timeout. As if this were just practice or something smh. Absolutely no urgency

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If I were Lawson I would want out of here as well, he's a much better player IMO than what he's shown and he just doesn't fit on this team.

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

It's sad. It's like aliens stole his talent! Dude has no confidence whatsoever right now.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Here is video from 12/2 of Ty Lawon saying they're "pretty honest here" and they came to him to tell him there is no truth to the trade rumors (starts at the 1:25 mark).

[youtube]JUcdh_nw5lQ[/youtube]

Obviously another 2+ weeks of zero impact from Lawson adds to this, but kind of interesting to go back and see the comments in light of the Woj report.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, how do you coach him to play or shoot better? Shoot straighterer! Stop sucking!

Lawson is a grown man, he doesn't need some Blind-Side type figure now to wave a magic wand and teach him how to ball.

8. thiefery

thiefery Member

Think the trade is to help TY more than us since the Rox are getting no production. Hopefully he can get to a team that can actually use his effectiveness.

9. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Looks like Dan Fegan wants all of his clients out of here.

Don't forget Ty Lawson is represented by Dan Fegan. We honestly need to stop working his Relativity.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Exactly

11. boiler

boiler Member

No, Morey should go out and get a starting SG who can defend. Let Harden be the full-time PG because no starting caliber PG can play up to his potential next to Harden. Bev then can go back to bench where he belongs to and back up Harden.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I kind of feel bad for Lawson, his life is a wreck and there was intense pressure on him in Houston to not suck at basketball and he couldn't manage to pull it off. Hopefully he figures things out eventually, it just probably won't be here.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Sam, he just doesn't fit under this system. He is no spot-up shooter and we rarely do anything under the basket..He'll find a way to be a top7 PG again, but not under our system

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did he say, "That's what they told me in camp." I can't make out that last word.

Also, it is our 2017 second-rounder, right? Woj says we sent that to Denver?

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Good. It's crazy how bad he is

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Its not like Rockets are eager to trade him, or maybe they are reducing his minutes so they can push Lawson to request a trade

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Rockets want to keep Ty Lawson, however, more playing time with someone else is being sought from Lawson's people.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/677918164924133377">December 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn it, Lawson!!! You just needed to put the ball in the basket, Wtf??? Oh and pass sometimes, lol.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I can't believe how gun shy he has become. He doesn't look like Ty Lawson at all

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Sad but necessary

20. dje243

dje243 Member

Contract year for Ty.