1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TX HS Football] Playoffs Week 4: State Quaterfinals- DIV II Katy HS vs Alvin Manvel

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by bobmarley, Dec 5, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Anyone thinking about going to the Katy HS vs Alvin Manvel State Quarterfinal game at Reliant tomorrow night at 7:30pm?

Do you just buy your ticket at the gate? I can't find a place to buy it online.

2. The Law

The Law Member

Tickets are 14 at the gate, that's the only way you can buy them unless you are staff/student.

I would recommend going, going to be a great game. Two very different styles of play, one team is run heavy and the other runs the Sumlin-style spread.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You may want to try the high school. The public can go to the field house, I believe, to purchase tickets. $10 for adults, $5 for kids there. I have no idea if there was a certain allotment they had to sell or what. I was thinking about going, but don't really want to be out in this weather with the kiddo, so I'll just follow on Twitter.

4. bobmarley

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My dad is out there. Got out there early, and said they didn't open the doors for a while after he bought tickets.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Katy's good. 49-14, still in the third.

Yeah, I saw pics on Twitter of the crowds. There seemed to be quite the build-up of people at the gates.

7. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I was driving home on 610 and have to go right by Reliant at about 6:45 tonight. the Fannin and Kirby exits were both backed up onto the freeway, and Main (my exit to go home) got one look, a "no ******* way", and a trip to the Post Oak exit for me. It was a mess.

8. The Law

The Law Member

Good clean game, Katy is just an elite team this year, no way around that. Manvel has some great athletes and Katy was step for step in their secondary. Anderson is going to be a monster at A&M next year.

Best of luck to Katy, hopefully manvel lost to the eventual state champs

9. bobmarley

They play the winner of tomorrow's Cibolo Steele/SA Johnson game.

Game will be at 4pm Saturday at Reliant.

Does one of of Andy Dalton's younger siblings play Center for Katy? He had red hair and Dalton on his jersey. haha

10. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Anderson is a junior this year - curious to see if he breaks the verbal if Sumlin leaves.