1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twitter keeps losing monthly users, so it’s going to stop sharing how many

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jump Ship, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

#1 Jump Ship, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Your user name and this thread were meant to be.

BruceAndre and B-Bob like this.
  3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Twitter's most celebrated and followed users used to be youth-culture twerps like Justin Bieber and the Kardashians and **** with ever-growing followings of 12-year-olds. Who's the first person you think of when you hear "Twitter" now? (SAD!) Not exactly great for the brand. Turns out people just want to scroll through pictures, anyway.

weakfromtoday and Jontro like this.
  4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Whoa, hey, quote isn't the same as edit.

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I love following sports on Twitter. Breaking news always breaks first on Twitter. Past that, it's vile and terrible.

Jump Ship likes this.
  6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Burn it. Burn it with gas!

Twitter has hastened the demise of journalistic standards while providing the most ignorant a public forum that fulfills societies need for shock and awe on an unparalleled basis. I know we will never have less information and sources at our fingertips- but here is to the next trending platform to offer confirmed relevant information in a timely basis and remove cooter and jessie’s opinions on local events.

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Other than breaking news and sports updates its mainly people who go there to get offended by nothing.

Sajan, BigMaloe and Jump Ship like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

When I think of Twitter, the first thing that comes to my mind is it must be run by 5 years olds for banning people who have different opinions than them. Not exactly great for the brand.

BruceAndre and Jontro like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

can your office detect you using office wifi to checkout teh secksy pics on twitter? asking for a friend.

BruceAndre and Sajan like this.
  10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Twitter has always been the ultimate garbage social media. Its for middle school children or old people.

11. Buck Turgidson

Never had a Twit or a Facespace, but I do enjoy other people posting relevant tweets on the bbs.

Jump Ship and Jontro like this.
  12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Twitter has shown how worthless journalists are. If you follow 50 or so experts in certain fields on twitter, you will be far more knowledgable on issues than if you followed journalists.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They've reached their cap with their platform, and probably over it with Trump's pandering, and people are starting to fall off. The new car smell is gone. Like many adults, I need my news more complete than 140 characters.

rockbox likes this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like Reddit and Youtube. I use Twitter ... recognize its flaws, but find it way less insufferable than FB, Insta, Snapchat or whatever. I pass on all other stuff like that for the most part.

15. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

A lot of toxic people on twitter man.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I get a ton of info off Twitter. I just read the people and companies I follow and really couldn't care less about the comments for the most part. Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. can all go away, and I wouldn't care.

17. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

This is true. In general, if you stay away from the comments youre fine as long as youre not following some toxic angry person. I was on there the other night reading about senator warren and her comments are filled with crazy haters and bots indistinguishable from real users. I felt like I entered the matrix. The only problem is if you are in politics or a similar topic that attracts a lot of haters and you get attacked by a swarm of bots.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Twitter is my go to news source

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I really don't care about politics, so I'm safe. lol.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah I just use it for news and sports via websites and journo’s who I read. I don’t ever read any comments. Just quick links to articles