1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] Daryl Morey firing back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Apr 22, 2016.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

eagerly awaiting morey's postgame tweets today..

2. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

There will be none....
    b**** stays quiet after L's

3. dmoneybangbang

Can someone hire you a math teacher so you can learn the principles behind efficiency?

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Are you mentally r****ded and attempting to sound smart by acting in a condescending manner? If you have an issue with what he said, you lack common sense all together and should stop watching basketball. The ignorance is baffling. No wait, just learn how to read first, because I think you didn't understand what he said.

Nobody is saying you shouldn't shoot 3s doofus, it's that in the span of 4 years...at least hire the personnel to do so when you are the most 3pt reliant team in NBA history. Its like a Country trying control the sea, but spending little to no effort in building its fleet. I can't believe I have to cite well known individuals of vast basketball knowledge for something so rudimentary, but Doug Collins said it over and over during the game 1 half-time show.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Anyone backing Charles tonight I don't know how they can.

He just trashed the organization completely. Not just Morey but THE ROCKETS.

6. chandlerbang21

Barkley just called out Morey and Tad Brown on national tv LOL

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Toad smith and Daryl moronic. He went at them hard. It sounds Barkley was really mad.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i don't think i've ever heard a personality for a major sport have such a vendetta with one organization. not that i've heard them all, but this is obviously personal and doesn't have much to do with this season.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

This is the first time ive doubted Morey. I was a supporter of his, but now no longer... This is the dumbest group of teammates ever assembled. Absolutely lacking in basketball IQ. Used in roles theyre not used to. No chemistry at all. Morey messed this one up big.

10. E-Man

E-Man Member

lol! Barkley fired right back at moron, I mean Morey.:rolleyes:

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's been obvious to a lot of us, he actively roots against them and delights in our failures. He said nothing nice about the Rockets when they went to the WCF, just talked up McHale and Harden.

Man if Hakeem came out and subtly trashed Charles or anyone from those teams it would make the season. I know Hakeem would NEVER do it but man... Just put that dude in his place, he didn't win anything for his team and have no championships, was out of shape for half of his career too. Maxwell...Clyde...Horry...ANYONE please.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Charles Barkley spitting hot fire at Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets <a href="https://t.co/iP505hyOLK">pic.twitter.com/iP505hyOLK</a></p>&mdash; gifdsports (@gifdsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/724447746451628032">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Charles Barkley on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a>' &quot;Toad Smith&quot; (Tad Brown) and &quot;Daryl Moronic&quot; (Daryl Morey) on 'Inside the NBA'. <a href="https://t.co/ThJHhSTZbG">pic.twitter.com/ThJHhSTZbG</a></p>&mdash; Stephen Nelson (@Stephen__Nelson) <a href="https://twitter.com/Stephen__Nelson/status/724449785781084160">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" src="//www.clippituser.tv/c/embed_iframe/qbbpz" style="height:315px; width:100%; max-width:560px;" webkitallowfullscreen=""></iframe>

#72 J.R., Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  13. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

The problem with Morey is he's not a basketball guy..he doesn't have a sense or insight on what makes a good basketball player, and it's evident in the players he has assembled so far. Morey should just be the numbers/stat guy and nothing more. The guy has no clue whatsoever when it comes to player assessment and roster building.

14. dmoneybangbang

I am condescending because it's a stupid narrative. From the most recent thread on "WhY nO MoRlary haZ Good 3 Pterz?11?"

All claims verifiable @: https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/three-point-pct

Props to these posters for objectively looking at the big picture and hopefully don't me stealing your work to save on time.

15. dmoneybangbang

That's why Morey has basketball scouts and basketball people in his FO. The recent Chron article about the JVG situation confirms that Morey defers to his coaches (basketball guys) about how to use the data he has collected. It also confirms that Les has a big role in approving acquisitions and firings of players and coaches in which Morey presents to Les the data on how to proceed.

My biggest criticism of Morey is that after 3 years of acquiring a foundational piece, the culture wasn't strong enough to nurture the chemistry and execution needed in today's NBA.

16. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Yeah, Morey's a process guy and he's smart at putting in place efficient strategies. He can surround himself with talent evaluators and scouts, but I don't know if you can hire a "chemistry and fit" guy.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, that's called a coach.

The coach is supposed to know who fits into what they want to do or not.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

based on? until this year every roster he's assembled played hard and played together (yes i'm sure someone can find some stretch where we didn't). so he's like 8 for 9 on that. he assembled a 56 win team that went to the WCF last year. a team virtually everybody in the world thought would be really good this year, whether it was clutchfans (go look at the season prediction thread, almost 100% predicted above 55 wins), vegas, the media, whoever. now all the monday morning quarterbacks want to pretend they all saw it coming and that the team was just so very obviously built wrong, with the highly convenient "he's just a numbers guy and doesn't understand basketball" storyline being used, as if all the teams who don't use analytics are universally successful and get the basketball part perfectly right.

something happened to this team in the offseason (i.e. after morey had any real chance to fix it). who knows what it was, but the point isn't to overreact. it's to figure out what it was (presumably not in public) and then not have it happen again.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If the organisation still owes him $3,000,000 - then why hasn't he begun legal proceedings to recover it?

One of the stars in the Australian NRL is suing his former team over $150,000 in third party sponsorship money that he hasn't seen.

Barkley is either:
    - a liar
    - more moreynic (moronic?) than people even realise

I don't know what's worse

20. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I would seriously lose respect for them if they stood up for this team and those boneheads in the FO. They're too smart for that.

At some point you guys gotta stop admiring the shiny present Moron and Toad Smith left for you and finally open it to see what's inside: A pile of dog **** with a calculator, take a whiff.