1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] Daryl Morey firing back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Errrrybody be firin' back <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"> <a href="https://t.co/JdIJMJhVTg">https://t.co/JdIJMJhVTg</a></p>&mdash; trevorariza (@TrevorAriza) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrevorAriza/status/723641002179858433">April 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Did Morey even say RIP to Prince? He blocked me from his twitter

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Maybe he is not a Prince fan? He is got the playoffs to worry about?

I mean, we all liked Prince but it's not like he personally knew him.

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Daryl Morey on fan illegal screen video: &quot;Rest assured that behind the scenes we're attacking the proper channels.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/AQmiht16gx">https://t.co/AQmiht16gx</a></p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/723913509386375168">April 23, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Maybe this is why "Teams don't want to face us in the playoffs".

Morey and Co. will go ape on Twitter after a narrow win. Every team should aim to avoid that. Lolol

1 person likes this.
  6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

We took the high ground last year. I think we really wanted to win by playing the right way.

But obviously, the Warriors' (mostly Bogut and Green) way of playing is getting ignored and celebrated so now it's time to point it all out!

Honestly, what bothers me the most is that the Warriors are the vastly superior team and should win this series pretty easily playing fairly, yet they still resort to dirty tactics? And the NBA is allowing it?

This is a copycat league, and millions of people including little kids hopeful to be the NBA one day watch all the time. Is this example the NBA wants showcase to the world. Sure the 3s are amazing but the dirty plays in between those are not something to be celebrated.

It's disgusting.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You have some good takes. But it's like when it comes to Morey you go full braindead.

That part following the "but" is some vapid drivel at its best.

There's nothing wrong with him pointing these things out. Attention needs to be brought to it. And most certainly he'll "take heat for it" as he is from posts like yours. :rolleyes:

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets did play "Let's Go Crazy" at Toyota Center after they won Game 3. That counts for something.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Can't fine him if he's talking about MMA. Maybe he's a fan!!!

10. RESINator

RESINator Member

Daryl Morey showing more heart and effort than dwight howard

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Don't mind the comments much

Just it always seems to result in the team doing worse after he tweets like that lol. Though that doesn't mean to be quiet about things

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Let me clarify.

Nobody is going to take you seriously when you're AWOL because crap hits the fan, and peep your head out whenever you feel its ok.

Its not just about what I think, that's how the media and the NBA perceive Morey---keyboard twitter warrior. I was pissed wathcing what was going on too, Bogut needs to be suspended indefinitely for what he did, the title "Harden last shot doesn't count"---completely ignoring everything else---is blatant bias. I can see why he's pissed like us fans. His job as a GM certainly calls for him to stand up, but when he's been known to take jabs and get into tiwtter battles with Barkley, etc, and run laughable PR from behind the computer screen it just makes you shake your head when he disappears in what is the most disappointing season---and comes out crying like this.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly, it seems like we have a lot of talkers on this team... I wonder why.

"They aren't that good"

"Steph won't get away with it again"

"its just one game"

"Next team is going to be sorry for facing us"

"Nobody wants to face the rockets in the playoffs."

At what point does the FO take stance of shutup and putup? Don't like whats going on out there? Show the emotion take the action.

14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

How sure are you that JB got a salary increase even though his title remained interim? Him getting fined 10k could be 10% of his salary. We all want him to protect bis players but i highly doubt Dwight or James will be writing a check to JB's mortgage company if he got fined and couldnt make his house note.

15. dragonz

dragonz Member

Someone in clutchfans should make a youtube video about all the Warrior's dirty plays, and everybody should go upvote that video.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't care about morey on Twitter but where does the ideal that he goes awol when stuff hits the fan come from? My memory is that every time it hits the fan he ends up doing interviews in every radio station. I've never thought of morey to be one that hides

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

When the media is constantly putting a mic in your face, it's pretty obvious the league is encouraging you to talk. If I was having to comment as much as athletes, I'm pretty sure I might say twice as much questionable stuff or more. Do you never say anything in the moment on the fly that you might not if you had time to think it through?

Now, Morey's never scored a basket for the team, so he needs to quit seeking out the spotlight. Reminds me of when Suge Knight called out Puffy for always talking on his artists' records & being up in their videos. Morey needs to let the players be the celebrity and quit worrying about his "brand".

That said, this is different. He is 100% right to bring as much attention as he and the organization can to the sh#tty officiating that is hurting our team. I love that, and I encourage that.

As far as Tad Brown goes, "who is Tad Brown?" is right. WTF does he do? Set concession prices?? Is he involved in the basketball side at all? He shouldn't even have a Twitter account. Unless I'm confused as to his job responsibilities, he needs to stay low profile so he can keep getting his fat paycheck for contributing little value.

18. RESINator

RESINator Member

An easy comparison is looking at his tweets from 2014-15 season to this current season. Last year Morey was all about tweeting Harden being the MVP and the rockets, talking smack on other teams and Mark Cuban. He's definitely gotten a lot more passive this season due to his failures until the recent game 3 victory the other night.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

What do you mean by "disappear" exactly?

He publicly came out a few weeks ago and said this season's failures start with him. I'm not exactly sure what else you'd expect him to say. It's probably better that he's stayed off of Twitter most of this season.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Can Morey fire at himself? Can some people please fire at him for not getting 3pt shooters when you have a system HEAVILY RELIANT ON 3PT SHOOTING!!!