1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Twitter CEO: Conservatives don't feel safe expressing opinions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So your response to science is to be a whiny b**** about the results and to lash out at others? Yeah, you are pretty good confirmation of the results.

I could see how a complete moron might think that. Thankfully you are always here to provide that viewpoint so we never have to guess what the knuckle draggers of the world might be thinking.

BruceAndre likes this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

'Some Republicans have accused'? wtf? The CEO (Jack) has admitted they do it. There are tons of obvious documented cases of them doing it.

Its not a theory.

BruceAndre and Bobbythegreat like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For the longest time though they were gas lighting people by denying it. I think they have stopped doing it for the most part now that they had to admit that they were doing it in the first place.

4. Major

Major Member

Ah yes, self-vicitimization. It's all the liberals fault that Trump got elected - not the people that voted for him or the party that empowered him.

Conservatives supposedly believe in the free market - so why don't more conservatives just start tech companies?

#24 Major, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, in many ways it is the left's fault for nominating someone worse. If they had nominated a halfway competent candidate that was even a little bit likable, they'd be the president right now. Instead, they tried to force Hillary on the country and it didn't work.

BruceAndre likes this.
  6. Major

Major Member

This would absolutely be true for a number of reasons, covering a variety of people. Creative types tend to lean left. California tends to lean left. Super-rich tend to lean left. Silicon Valley is located in a left-leaning area so it attracts left-leaning employees.

My question is what is the problem there? No one seems to complain that oil and coal industries or finance or for-profit education or private-prison leaders and employees lean right. Different industries are going to lean different directions.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the problem would be related to the fact that those on the left are more likely to show traits associated with psychoticism and authoritarianism....and when those kinds of people are in charge of things like social media and tech, it leads to partisan censorship and even digital excommunication.

In a perfect world, those things would be controlled by non-partisan centrists.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, that's because you paraphrased a study and didn't link it. The least you could have done was link something about the study then just throwing something out there but you weren't really interested in having a discussion.

https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/
    So psychotism isn't even used as a slur as you were trying to use it. I'm sure you think conservatives are more tough minded but it turns out they are more likely to be well...operated by fear

Makes sense, since science also says it...
    http://faculty.virginia.edu/haidtlab/jost.glaser.political-conservatism-as-motivated-social-cog.pdf

I mean, you wanted to talk about the science right?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was using it to mean exactly what it means....it means personalities associated with aggressiveness, authoritarianism, and interpersonal hostility. That's how I used it from the start, it's not my problem if some misunderstood. The "interpersonal hostility" part is evidenced here on a daily basis.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think many on the right are jealous about how many artists and social influencers are left leaning. That's why there is always such a hubbub about a conservative artist. Like that whole Kanye West thing.

It's a culture war thing and they don't have the power to win it because as you said, artists and such are usually left leaning naturally, usually they are progressive, trying to push new ideas forward. So their thing is to complain about it and wish for it to be apolitical, which art and such never is.

Nice. So you misunderstood the study then since it wasn't using it in the same way.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, well that's one way of completely misunderstanding what I said and embarrassing yourself....which I suppose is kind of what you are best at.

If you want to me more than comic relief you need to do better than this. Try reading what I said over again, perhaps more slowly this time and see if you can come away with a more intelligent take. I have faith in you. Rise above being a joke.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

lol... Plenty of "conservative" express their opinions on twitter, plenty profit from such opinions, no matter how idiotic. Plenty of conservatives express their opinions on Clutchfans, too.

13. biina

biina Member

Science?/ Never knew there was a 'science' behind your attacking and insulting others

Exiled likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You know knowing something is to be expected.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Snowflakes

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, as usual, you failed to understand what the study was about and are now lashing out. It's cute.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL I understood it, and even explained it to you....I really thought that if you re-read what I wrote you'd understand that, but apparently you are hopeless. Reading comprehension isn't for everyone I suppose. Hopefully you are good at other things to make up for that glaring weakness.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I have been called racists for the following:

• Citing US Census Bureau data
    • Stating that the US needs an immigration system based on equal-opportunity.
    • Suggesting that HISD, a school district with 8% whites, should be split up.
    • Stating that black culture may be to blame for violence in black communities.

That’s all within the past year.

Facts definitely do not matter. Empiricism does not matter. Critical thinking does not matter.

This is the result of the “everybody-gets-a-trophy” generation growing into adults and lashing out at those who do value facts, empirical observation, and critical thinking.

BruceAndre likes this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is the free market at work.

Why don't these people just start their own Facebook?