1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Suits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Jul 29, 2011.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Its not the season finale but rather the summer finale unless wikipedia is wrong in that it is not a 16 episode season. I believe it will finish the season in January.

2. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Agreed. This show is awesome. Louis Litt is one of the better secondary characters in recent memory. The preview implies that Hardman wins; I don't know if it's misdirection but I'm excited to find out.

My one quip is they've made the main characters so smug and unlikeable. If the secondary performances and writing weren't so strong the show would sink.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

the show is becoming less about the cases and more about the characters..which is good I think. It's hard to care about random cases on every show.

4. xcrunner51

USA is all about the character driven shows; that's their tagline: "Characters welcome". But basically you described every hour-long drama show. Strong character acting out-weighs "case of the week" every time. Same for House, NCIS, L&O SVU, etc....

Procedurals are sooo boring (orginal Law and Order).

5. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

show is amazing, loving it!!! and i'm glad we'll have 6 more episodes in the winter lull

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

My wife started watching this last year. I started to watch toward the end. Thought it was okay. We have been watching this season and IMO it has been very solid.

7. VBG

VBG Member

I love the show. Didn't really have expectations initially but was surprised. Rachel Zane (Meghan Markle) is awesome.

The dialogue is well written as well.

Louis makes the show though. Love him. Keeps it from being generic.

(I hate Donna. A lotta people like her but for some reason she pisses me off).

8. xcrunner51

Love Rachel, hate Donna? Does not compute.

9. AFS

AFS Member

There'll likely be a cliffhanger, just like there was last season with Trevor telling Jessica about Harvard. They've gotta have something in there that'll keep us wanting more a year from now.

10. xcrunner51

Man I really hope not. Ending a season on a cliff-hanger is a well you don't want to keep going back to. Once is fine, but too many times and you're just crapping up your fans. 'Hey let's take an entire season to build up to the first episode of next season'.

11. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I just barely started watching this show, I like it a lot .

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

other than rachel's lower body..there's nothing great about her character.

donna is fun.

13. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

agreed. to me rachel is just run of the mill average... but Donna? i'm no fan of gingers - but good lord when she was doing her strut when she came back into the office. OOOH WEEE

14. VBG

VBG Member

Donna is too b****y for me.

Rachel is just more my type of girl in terms of personality.

15. xcrunner51

Rachel is really bizarrely written character to me. She's there for her looks and to be the foil to all the lawyers but she comes off as naive and lacking confidence. Every now and then they'll write her as this really badass experienced paralegal but then later as completely helpless. A little more consistency would be nice.

I agree I'd probably prefer her personality over Donna's in the real world, but it just plays poorly in the hyper-macho law firm environment. Donna, on the flip side, can give as good as she gets. It's obviously not real, but when a freshly minted senior partner comes groveling and apologizing to a legal secretary, you know the character is legit.

16. VBG

VBG Member

Or you know the character is bull****. She only gives. Nobody ever challenges or says anything to Donna. Her know it all personality is just irritating to me.

And somehow her mistakes are being completely ignored now? I'm waiting to see how Harvey managed to get Donna back without Donna going to jail.

I guess I just don't like her.

I feel like Rachel is actually a realistic character. She's badass and confident when she's dealing with the associates. However, she is still a little out of her depth while dealing with the big boys. She's good at being a paralegel and has potential as a lawyer. She's still young and will become a good lawyer in the future.

17. xcrunner51

Oh ya, Donna is completely fictional. Smokehouse ginger who is a strong, confident secretary with the gumption to tell it like it is to the managing partners? Not real at all. She's still pretty to look at and entertaining to watch.

You're right about Rachel; she is the most realistic. It's kind of that realism that kills her character for me. Suits is a fantasy about a high-powered law firm full of incredibly attractive people with amazingly unrealistic backstories (mail room to senior partner/college dropout to junior associate). Rachel's relatively realistic work-a-day insecurities are kinda boring to watch.

18. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I love Donna, she's superbly written and her rhetoric is amazing.

Matter fact, the entire casts' rhetoric is pretty damn amazing. I love shows like this, packed full of articulate and witty dialogue.

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

anyone know where i can find a live stream of usa network online?

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

not bad for a season finale...just feel like the lies are gonna catch up with everyone..