1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Fargo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Haven't watched last night's episode and was distracted during part of the 6/3 episode. Did I miss a quick fast forward into the future?

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yes, it's moved forward a year.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thanks. Had my remote not been acting flukey, I would've just gone back to see.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Any predictions for the finale? This week was awesome as usual. I'm sure it won't disappoint, whatever it is.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

My dog, the look in his eyes when asking that!! Cold, black eyes full of death! What a mother*ucker of an actor!!

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Fargo > True Detective

A few questions:

1) Why was Hanks not in trouble for killing Billy Bob?

2) What was the point of the story she told Lester in the interrogation room?

3) What was the riddle Billy Bob told Hanks? I forgot it.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

Fargo<<<<<<<< True Detective.

1) There was an FBI manhunt for the guy. Citizen's Arrest/Murder?

2) Not really sure, I guess she was telling him he was screwed beyond hope and to throw in the towel so no other innocents get hurt.

3) Why do humans see more shades of green than any other color

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The finale wasn't anything special, but that was a great 10-episode run.

When Key fell down and exaggerated his demise after getting shot in the neck, I laughed out loud. First and last time I'll laugh when a guy bleeds out from getting shot.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I really like this series. If you like Fargo I would say check out Broadchurch. Both shows were designed to have a one season run and do a damn good job because of it. Fargo had a lot of amazing imagery and often its what was not said that was as important as what was said.

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Lester's role in particular was just an amazing example of this; you can see him having an internal discussion with himself, all without saying anything.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I guessed several episodes that it would be Gus who took down Malvo. You could just tell from the look in his eyes when he saw Malvo driving by him on the road. That scene and the aftermath with Molly were very well done - especially when Gus shows her the case with the tapes and she finally listens to Lester's tape. Lester's demise while attempting to flee to Canada was indeed poetic justice. The final battle in Lester's house between him and Malvo was a real doozy and Lester's "trap" definitely turned the tide by breaking Malvo's leg. Up to that point, I'd have wagered that Malvo would have taken Lester out. All in all, this was most satisfying and really evoked the look and feel of the original movie. There's talk of a sequel so we'll just have to wait and see what develops. I believe it pulled in 4.4 million viewers for the finale.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Strong numbers, well deserved.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Awesome series, far better than any expectations I had going in.

14. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

The finale was a little bit 'meh' but the series overall was an A+ easy. I'll be interested to see where they go from here. It's going to be hard to come up with characters on par with Lester and Malvo.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Fargo is dark humor. Broadchurch is just dark and depressing.

16. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Does anyone know if there will be another season with different characters and plots or was it just a one season deal? I really enjoyed it.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It was a great series and I enjoyed it way more than the movie.

But, I don't like how it ended with how Malvo was taken out just sitting there. It was almost too easy given the type of havoc and smarts Malvo exhibited throughout the series. He was always one step ahead of everyone else. But, at home, he just lets his guard down completely due to arrogance or whatever.

And, the Malvo I think we all came to know wouldn't have just left Lester's house without completing the job...even with the injured leg. He went through all that trouble to get to that point and he just leaves like that with Lester corned in the bathroom? But, he knows he has several people by the nads because he seemed to be taping all the conversations and I guess he thought he could always try again later. It still seems inconsistent with the Malvo we came to knew, though, who always got the job done.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

He also knew cops were en route to Lester's house.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think Lester should have been the one to kill Malvo. David vs. Golliath 2.0. Then temporarily Lester could look like a hero, Solverson is foiled yet again due to Lester's luck. Lester goes on to bigger and better things, maybe even a new wife? Then as the show is getting ready to close we see Solverson answering a run of the mill call near the house Malvo is staying. On a whim she checks it out because of the wolf or something (I'm not a writer, don't ask me). She goes in, she sees the box with the tapes. She opens the box and picks up the tape with Lester's name on it. Fade to white. Boom, that's an ending.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Finally saw the finale last night.

The whole series was amazing. Glad I finally got in from the beginning on this one, as I always seem to get into these shows late. I actually enjoyed the 2nd to last episode better than the finale. The finale just seemed a little anti-climactic. I thought the elevator scene was the climax of the whole series.

Great series, though. Billy Bob....holy crap, he was just perfect for this character.