1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Is that the young girl from the North in that tv series I've tried to eradicate from my memory?

I'm not sure how I feel about Pedro as Joel right now. But i'm sure he'll kill it and this comment will look ridiculous in the future.

It's Hollywood so I know there's 0% chance of it happening. But I wish they'd leave all SJ aspects out of this tv series. I really want to sit back, tune out and enjoy it.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yep, just stupid on her part. She could have chilled after the last dust up where she gave an apology of sorts but she just needed her voice heard I guess.

Shame I really liked the character....

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What are the chances she now posts a rant about #CancelCulture versus some sort of apology?

Yung-T likes this.
  4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

She's a terrible actress. She's night and day better than when she first started acting in Haywire, but she still sucks (imagine how bad she was in Haywire). What I'm trying to say is, I won't miss her. I do agree the character was growing on me though.

GRENDEL, Yung-T and Xerobull like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The thing is she could have ranted about cancel culture or censorship and been fine if she didn't make the damn Nazi comparison.

6. justtxyank

To be honest, they may already cut ties with her quietly over the trans stuff. Notice how their statement said she had no current relationship. So maybe they had already decided not to bring her back and were being professional by not putting it out there. Now she forced their hands.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I thought she peaked in Haywire. I think it was better direction.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if you think declaring your pronouns is dumb, you should be fired from your job?

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gina is allegedly.. apparently? transphobic. No one knew Pedro had a trans sister. So Pedro was on set with this woman knowing she was espousing her hatred online. that's the cringe part.

i see nothing wrong with someone declaring their pronouns. What someone wants and chooses to be called doesn't affect my money or my family. If you disagree, everyone on the planet doesn't need to know you disagree. keep your mouth shut, or use a burner. it's not hard.

Sajan and Deuce like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

naw man it's the Jewish stuff. The Nazi stuff is the Rubicon no one in Hollywood is going to cross. Gina was allowed to be her worst self and they swept it under the rug and ignored it hoping it would go away.. it was until she started talking silly about Nazi stuff

Favreau is Jewish.

Deuce likes this.
  11. justtxyank

I mean no doubt, I'm just saying the wording is interesting. They didn't say they are terminating their relationship with her over this they basically said "we don't have a relationship with her right now and that wont' change!"

I think they may have already decided they weren't bringing her back and then this Nazi thing made them feel they had to come out and make it official.

Regardless, how many people have to get burned by Nazi comparisons before people will stop making them?

Deuce, Yung-T, rockbox and 1 other person like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No one can say that they did nazi that coming.

JumpMan, mikol13, GRENDEL and 4 others like this.
  13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

KingCheetah, Deuce, Yung-T and 4 others like this.
  14. justtxyank

:(

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With certain types, any disagreement of opinion when it comes to their political dogma is sufficient for them to call for the gallows.

Unfortunately that's just the state of current year political discourse.

16. Buck Turgidson

Apparently this has been in the works for a while.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...na-carano-fired-amid-social-media-controversy

This.

GRENDEL likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe she can dabble in adult movies now

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm there with you, her acting was hardly anything to write home about. Hell in Haywire they tried to limit the actual acting that she was required to do.

I'd be fine with them recasting the character with a better actress....

seclusion likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How unbelievably dumb can you be.

"According to sources, Lucasfilm planned to unveil Carano as the star of her own Disney+ series during a December investor's day presentation but scrapped those plans following her November tweets. Multiple Mandalorian spinoffs are in the works from executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, including Rangers of the New Republic, which could have potentially starred Carano."

She could have been set up for life.

I blame the steroids.

GRENDEL likes this.