1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tulane vs Houston (Homecoming)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Poloshirtbandit

We have Tulsa and SMU left. If we lose either of those games, people will burn TDECU down.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Personally hoping for no bowl game.

Levine needs to go.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]10. Houston: There's been a negative tone around this program from the very first night of the season when the Cougars — who were picked by many, including the Misery Index, to win the American Athletic Conference — laid a massive egg at home against Texas-San Antonio. That loss has aged like fish carcasses left to rot in the Texas heat, as UTSA went on to lose seven of its next eight games. Houston, meanwhile, appeared to be getting it together after a quarterback switch from John O'Korn to the more mobile Greg Ward. Saturday's 31-24 loss to Tulane, however, was another setback and the kind of that really drives Houston fans nuts. Not only was it the Cougars' third loss in their new on-campus stadium, but yet again they got beat by a team with significantly less talent. Houston has a good defense and playmakers on offense, so it's hard to understand how it finds itself 5-4. Houston will almost certainly get bowl eligible (the hapless duo of Tulsa and SMU are up next), but this will be a thoroughly unfulfilling year for a program trying to position itself as the next TCU. And satisfaction for Houston fans is unlikely to come via a coaching change because Tony Levine just signed a contract extension prior to this season.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...estern-uab-utah-kentucky-notre-dame/18763461/[/rQUOTEr]

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Praying for a Mark Berman breaking news story today.

5. mushroomface

mushroomface Member

Me as well. This season has been a complete waste of an awesome defense. I am just in complete shock how they took an offense that was pretty consistently good, and just trashed it in one off season.

6. Buck Turgidson

I think Donny Most and I had this conversation a while ago. I can't comprehend how you go from Art Briles to Kevin Sumlin (while building new facilities and enjoying the best run since Pardee) and then hire the special teams coach. I truly don't understand how anyone let that happen, and now yall are right back where you started a decade ago.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think the logic and the sentiment was let's hire someone who won't leave the program. Right sentiment, wrong logic.