1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tucker robbed of a 30-30 season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Caltex2, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It happens more than you think. Routine bouncer to shortstop, shortstop tries to cut the runner down at home and runner is safe. Scored a FC with no out recorded. Not saying this has anything to do with Tucker's play but it happens. I believe the Diaz scored on a play like this earlier this month.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Needs to be appealed to the Supreme Court of official MLB scorers... its their time to finally shine.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It looked like a little league home run. Right Fielder misplayed the ball by running in instead of back. Then we get to running the ball back to the infield.

Yordan The Great likes this.
  4. toby

toby Member

I'm ok with them trying to figure it out . . . but honestly, with a fielder's choice . . . there is usually a choice to make. I don't know the rules word for word, but the basic definition of the terms involve a fielder choosing one thing over another . . . there was no other choice in the field. There were no other runners. No other plays to make. No visible mechanical errors. This was a home run.

it was ugly, but a home run. running was [bizarrely] faster than fielding. not a choice.

#24 toby, Oct 2, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think it should be a HR. I don't think I've ever seen a fielder's choice when there wasn't another base runner.

6. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I believe Angel Hernandez just took a seat there since his season is over.
    So...... no soup for Tucker.
    [​IMG]

7. Yordan The Great

This.

You either call it a HR or an error.

8. Yordan The Great

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.