1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's letter to Pelosi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by quikkag, Dec 18, 2019.

1. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Pelosi needs to pray harder.

3. No Worries

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IDK, could be another stroke of political genius from the dumbass-in-chief. He's managed to get millions and millions of people now to read his letter (and/or to read the various Dems' response to his letter) and build sympathy among citizens who similarly "can't read good" for his plain-language arguments that he's being picked on and persecuted.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

7. No Worries

Perhaps you are confused about the readers in our society ...

edwardc and quikkag like this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The letter reads like multiple authors had a hand in its writing. Almost like he had a staffer initially write it up, and then he went back over and Trumped it up.

jiggyfly, quikkag, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

quikkag and Andre0087 like this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The attack on Pelosi saying "I pray for the president" is no accident at all. That is a long time coming. The way that Trump voting Evangelicals think is that there is no difference between their politics and the church. Trump knows this. He's trying to ensure those supporters are kept in line to recall their thinking that Dems are not "REALLY" Christians because they kill babies.

The Dems like Pelosi and especially Buttegieg (who is very articulate about religion) need to continue to speak out about religion for this reason. The more you push someone like Trump to try to fight to brainwash Christians to see no separation in Church & State, the more obvious it will become that Christians are being used, and manipulated, and that its actually the Trump party that doesn't give two craps about Christianity. It's all for political power.

quikkag, RayRay10, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

How about just link the letter instead of poisoning the well with cnn propaganda.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6581916-Letter-From-President-Trump-Final.html

I encourage people to think for themselves.

cml750 likes this.
  12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

B-Bob likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How is this a "policy disagreement"?

Freezing aid to a country that has already been approved which is considered beneficial to US national security interests and US foreign policy out of a desire to get government of said aid country to do your personal political biddings isn't a "policy agreement". It's a blatant abuse of power for personal reasons rather than believing it was for the country.

#13 fchowd0311, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    quikkag and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hilarious!

No Worries likes this.
  15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The support for Trump shows that conservatives are different type of people than liberals or moderates and why it is harder to win for Democrats.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The letter? Not only TLDR it's TCTR.
    (too crazy to read)

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I agree except for the part of pushing Trump....

You don't push someone like Trump or get on his level.. That's what he wants...

The personality that scares Trump more than anyone are Mueller ad Michelle Obama's.. Why because they stay on point and never get down to his level. They stay with the facts and the narrative and don't try to be sarcastic or cute. This is the type of Democrat who will be Trump in the presidential race.

But so far all of these candidates keep trying to fight fire with fire and they want win... Last I checked water will put out fire. So stay on point, talk to the people and don't get caught up with his BS... He's very very good at taking you out of your comfort zone and bringing you down to his...

T_Man

quikkag and RayRay10 like this.
  18. dobro1229

I think it more shows the power of information & dis-information.

Every single time one of my Trumper friends goes off on Trump victimization talking point rants, I find a way to empathize and then shift to why is this happening from a civics perspective. When I explain the "WHY" they always.... like clockwork....make the statement that goes something like "Well I don't get all into that".... meaning they are admitting they don't understand or want to understand how government works.

HOWEVER... they are more than happy having extremely strong opinions about something they admit they do not understand.

Are they functionally different type of human beings??... not really. They just make a choice to have extremely strong opinions about something without all of the information they know they need to have such opinions. This leads to being highly susceptible to dis-information from propaganda outlets like FoxNews, and Trumps other dis-information outlets.

19. dobro1229

I didn't mean to get on his level especially on Christianity. It's a very serious topic, and should be treated as such by Democrats. Which is not how Trump treats the topic.

I'll clarify that I mean having the courage as a Democrat to speak about your faith, and speak clearly about Jesus' teachings as it relates to morality in your decision making in public service. Mayor Pete does a great job of articulating this in a way that cuts through the way that Trump/Pence abuse their blind support of Christian voters. Statements like Pelosi made on her experience growing up as a Catholic are important to be vocal about as well.

I don't really see it as "Pushing" Trump... I think the better way of putting it is to say they shouldn't allow Trump/GOP to bully Democrats into cowering on the topic, and should be vocal in calling out how Christian voters are being abused and manipulated for political gain. Them doing this and not cowering will inevitably drive Trump mad and expose him in the end because he does not see Christianity as something that is as serious as it should be. He sees it as all about politics and power.

quikkag, RayRay10, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  20. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Case in point