1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

You forgot death threats. That's got to count for something.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so what do u consider them?

at the very least they want their vanity walls no matter what right

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is correct. He taps into the fear of an America that leaves them behind. Obama was the wake-up call for many on the right. Anyone who doesn't think race, religious, anti-intellectualism, and patriarchy doesn't play a role in all this doesn't understand the political landscape. All of those are threats to the instincts of White religious men without degrees.

They feel threatened by minorities and women outcompeting them, and by those who would take away their freedoms to live their lifestyle they way they want. Obama wasn't incorrect when he said many wanted to cling to guns and religion. These are people who "follow their gut" over science. That's why they don't believe in climate change because science has always been something they have attacked.

Anything that puts power over them, whether it be a black man as president, or a scientist telling them that their cars and meat eating is a threat, or worse, a woman lecturing them about anything - makes them angry as hell. And Trump is their hero because he is anti-science, anti-minority, anti-woman. That's why they love him so much. Because he runs the country just like they would - a middle finger to anyone who says they are wrong.

Nippystix, jboslett, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The WHO is walking a fine line. China already made the org a political weapon when they forced the removal of Taiwan's observer status years ago. Taiwan is now dark or unrepresented in first tier decision making and information gathering. That silence, along with the org's head patting of China, is an opening for Trump.

otoh, it's hard for the WHO to stand up to China in terms of funding, data and # of people.

Politics as usual during a pandemic...

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

WHO was the MAGA excuse for yesterday.

The new one is China's banning of exporting face masks in January.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Times when I find the protestant concept of the total depravity of man very useful.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The daily mad scramble to manufacture a scapegoat is unbearable. The sad part is, if one of them eventually sticks, I wouldn't be surprised. People are that stupid.

deb4rockets, mdrowe00 and T_Man like this.
  8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

From the mojomein files...
    [​IMG]

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump has to trump...

joshuaao, RayRay10, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

trump is a complete and utter *******. That is unconscionable. Of course, trump has no conscious at all. He can't spell empathy.

Nook, joshuaao, SamFisher and 5 others like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Bingo.

It seems that most of the shows are responding to something said in the PC, it's a dog chasing his own tail.

snowconeman22 and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. AB

AB Contributing Member

There you go.. that reporter from Taiwan gave the question on Bernie..
    That is all he needed. he is a kid in the candy store.

he went on a rant and peddled multiple conspiracies just like that

Nook and heypartner like this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

We're almost back open for business!!!

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You can take the low-rent wannabe mobster out of Queens, but ...

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, I’ve finally given up on the daily news conferences. I know, I’m a slow learner. But, I kept thinking there might be some useful information given out at some point.

A short concise news conference featuring the experts would be useful. Maybe 15 minutes of information and questions each day. But, Trump wrecks everything he’s involved with, so these news conferences are more like some weird reality show that is unwatchable.

I guess Trumps followers eat this stuff up. What they see in the guy, I’ll never understand.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Man this President... God Help Us!!!!!

T_Man

Nook, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Know Nothings like the idea that they could do "a job like that" a hundred times better. Common sense sheeple! Apply same logic to now extinct Tea Party "fiscal hawks" and their explanations that began with "if the national debt was debt for my house..."

Or maybe their homes are rat infested opioid dens, and burning it all down aint that bad an idea.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  19. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

.......I mean....just.....how many more things can go wrong with this administration? I'm waiting for him to just come out and say in his nightly ramblings, "Oh by the way. Aliens are real. Here is Kang and Kodos. They wanted to enslave the human race but I told them no. So we all are going to working for free for them. You will love it. Those loser Democrats wouldn't have gotten you such a deal.

#1979 nickb492, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    gifford1967 and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I totally agree with you. They should be completely different. I'm hoping that his supporters will watch them, so they aren't seeing the edited BS on Fox "News." I don't watch every single one, but I watch all or part of most of them. I want to see the lies in real time. Today was a news making day, for sure. He "only" told 2 outright lies. A low for maybe a couple of weeks. The problem is that they were lies about early voting (which he does himself) being "rife with fraud," and mail in voting being "full of fraud." That's one lie. He also said that the states that do it are all Democratic, which is not true! Yes, some are, but not all. The ones that are Democratic are that way because they have a much larger turnout.

It really isn't complicated at all, and each ballot is not only checked, they leave a paper trail that makes it easy to check to see if there is fraud. There isn't, but the record is there. trump lies! Now he's trying to limit turnout in November by giving an "excuse" for Republican governors to limit voting during a ****ing pandemic. They will claim that it would lead to fraud. A lie! Heck, those lies have been said by elected GOP state officials here in Texas, Like Lt Governor Dan Patrick, another liar.

A simple search on Google will show that mail in voting is safe and secure. It is also needed badly in order to allow the people to vote in the general election during this highly dangerous pandemic. Contact your elected officials in your state and demand it!

RayRay10 likes this.