1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The issue is I have people in my family who literally believe Trump is called by God in the end times as a figurehead. I was sent TWO different QAnon videos just last week unsolicited when they know I'm a Dem. (they say they are praying for me because me and my wife are Democrats.... yeah).

They are highly likely to believe Trump and all the far right youtube videos. If they could get their hands on Hydroxycholoquine I would assume it's about a 70% chance they'd take it. That's my biggest fear. And the more that it is just the mainstream media, and people perceived as "liberals" telling them they shouldn't, the more they'll be motivated by a partisan slight that it's just because "they" don't want Trump to be right.

People from the right really need to do a better job here man in holding Trump accountable when he goes on miracle cure rants like he did yesterday. I have people very very close to me that will walk on hot coals for this guy. The common sense warnings can't come from people like me, and sure as hell can't come just from Wolf Blitzer, or Rachel Maddow or it will have the opposite affect.

2. biina

biina Member

Now you want actual studies?

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This should appear in kellyanne's greatest hits...

B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I rate this ... a 10 out of 10!!!

[​IMG]

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Lol finally a good meming from the left.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have been calling for more studies repeatedly. Are you really this stupid or trolling?

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Qanon is insufferable... sorry you have to put up with that...

dobro1229 likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's worse than supply shortages; they are sending unusable supplies to hospitals from the national stockpile which has "dry-rotted" as it's so old, and vendors are telling hospitals that they are not allowed to send to hospitals directly but must send to the national stockpile.

It's horrible execution and one has to wonder why vendors are sending to the administration which is then being sent to another company for distribution

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ages-medical-gear-confusing-guidance-n1177256

RayRay10 and FrontRunner like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not debating this at all.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Do you think Trump and his people will accept an article 25?

How does your question make any sense on this topic?

We have went over the procedures of trying stay president beyond an election, you need to brush up on the what would actually happen.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The issue that everyone has is that the drug should not be promised as a prophylactic or touted at all until those studies have been complete. It's reckless and dangerous to do so as it puts people health at risk in multiple ways. It also builds false confidence and people take other precautions less seriously.

Everyone is just warning not to promote it - this isn't about politics. Wait and have patience - this isn't scaremongering it's prudence.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This would be way down the list for enacting the 25th amendment.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Campaigning and fundraising off Coronavirus...

joshuaao, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

deb4rockets and Invisible Fan like this.
  15. biina

biina Member

Whatever method you use to remove him from office, Trump and his people will feel the same and thus I dont see it as a reason to prefer one method over the other.

16. biina

biina Member

You were not asking to wait for more studies when you were peddling your misrepresentation of the true status of the research into the Chloroquine usage.

Instead, you have been touting dubious anecdotal evidence as proof and misreprenting FDA EUA to suit your purpose. But when a trial doesnt support your position, you now what to wait for more studies.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That coloreds for FDR sign was an inspired choice.

deb4rockets and No Worries like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I agree with your statement but I do see a bit of scaremongering going on in the way people approach things... like a write up about fish cleaner that isn't even the medicine sparking dozens more or the one guy in Sweden who was taken off it turning into a TRIAL that had to be stopped. Give me a break on some of the dramatics on all angles regarding this issue... of course I also agree with most critiques of Trump on this and that he shouldn't promote it.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have repeatedly expressed the need for more studies and even said those studies were not enough and limited in scope. You have a short memory I guess and IMO you're overly aggressive regarding this issue and how you approach discourse with me. I think it's because you frequently wet your pants at the sight of facts that aren't from some demon you've created in your mind. I would be nicer to you but considering you've done nothing but aggressively lie regarding my position on this, I will not leave gloves on with you. Good day.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Waiting for us to dig up some warehouse of civil war era bandages and bedding to be sent off to hospitals next....