1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

In the US

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

US has total 15 cases on Feb 15......For a country like USA, what's wrong to tell people this threat is minimal?

The virus was very controllable if the tests were ready and out......but Trump government screwed it up criminally.

joshuaao and No Worries like this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You didn't indicate that. For me it was implied the cat was out of the bag because community spread in a hub like singapore means two weeks of the virus going everywhere.

4. Bandwagoner

you complain about lack of tests and then claim the number of 15 is accurate. I think it is obvious this number was not close to accurate.

vlaurelio likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

that’s what I was referring to since I was responding a post about threat to the US back in early Feb

6. Bandwagoner

Oh, I guess you should take this opportunity to now learn (I thought we all had) that community spread in an international hub means there is community spread everywhere.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's no excuse for lying about what I said. I didn't make up quotes about you.

I never outright lied and said you voted for Trump. I never made up quotes. You just lied, and now you are justifying your lie.

#1307 Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It doesn’t mean that. It means you are going to have travelers that are infected, not that there is community spread everywhere.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

10. Bandwagoner

It means you had travelers who WERE infected 14 days before. Which means you now have community spread.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. biina

biina Member

No it doesn't.

Community spread requires that there are infection cases that cannot be directly traced to a known carrier or contact with a know infection area. It is an indication of the virus being pervasive in the local community.

Virus in Singapore does not automatically mean there is communal spread in Singapore itself, talk less of it being pervasive anywhere else cos of it

13. biina

biina Member

14. Bandwagoner

there was community spread in singapore on Feb 8th. thus me posting the cat was out of the bag. that same day.

once you have confirmed community spread in a place like singapore you have to realize that knowledge is weeks old.

I don't really understand what you are trying to do with telling me about community spread when you don't seem to know what the context or timeline of the conversation is.

15. biina

biina Member

And you still don't seem to realize the difference and are making your own conjectures out to be fact.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's because denser areas of the country tend to be in blue states. Most major cities with public transportation and transit hubs are in blue states.

But there are plenty of Red states that are facing dire situations. Also keep in mind that polls show that Republicans are more likely to not be persuaded to follow guidelines than Democrats by wide margins.

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

REPUBLICAN=SUPER SPREADER=KILLING THE ECONOMY & GRANDMA

No Worries likes this.
  18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

How his supporters justify his comments being normal is just ridiculous. When I went to bed on election night they hadn't called Michigan. When I woke up and saw he had won I remember saying, "Man this is going get weird".

I really wanted to be wrong. He has surpassed any idea of what I thought he was capable of doing or saying.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

20. WNBA

WNBA Member

He sounds like a virus dealer selling his virus.

joshuaao, Blatz and Two Sandwiches like this.