1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump would have saved students from shooter, go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 26, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

lol at defending. give me a break i did no such thing. in fact i said it was ridiculous and only explained what i thought he was doing by saying such a thing.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

How can people actually support this clown? Of course he tried to make the situation about him. His old, fat, lazy ass wouldn’t have done sh*t. The minute he heard shots he’d be screaming and telling his Secret Service agents to get him tf outta there ASAP. I hate this guy.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I can respect that. But-

Let's say all the media and all of his opponents just ignore or look past his clowning. He won't change- his supporters will love his stupid ****. If you got everyone on board with your plan, yes, it will work. But you won't change his base, and therefore you won't change him. Again, why don't you focus your criticism on the people who have thrust this monstrosity upon us?

The purposeful ambiguity of his bullshit allows him to go fishing for reactions on anything. If the backlash is too hard, he shrugs and blames his critics. But if there's enough support or silence from opponents, then he takes that as approval. What if he says "**** Merkel, I can have her taken out at any time." Do we push back to stem the danger of torpedoing important trade agreements and NATO? Or we just ignore it?

Your assertion that he's a child hinges on him having the power of a child. He's the president.

ipaman and Anticope like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Entertainment, and transaction.

The only two types of people that ever took Trump serious, or take him serious now are people that think they are personally going to benefit from Trump as president, and those that just really enjoy living in the Fantasy world in which he creates in their lives.

Entertainment -

Believe it or not, there are people that really REALLY enjoy this dystopian fantasy of being victimized by secret societies, corrupt governments, and religious underground superpowers, and then being part of the resistance to bring the big bad down. Its everywhere in our culture. Frodo destroying the ring of power from the Dark Lord Sauron is called a FANTASY for a reason, but Trump is a chance to turn fantasy into a living reality to some.

Trump and the Right Wing media that birthed him into the political spectrum understand their audience, and Trump is the actor they needed to get up there on stage and tell their fantasy story that a politician like Marco Rubio & Ted Cruz could never do. His ideas are as batsh$% crazy as Alex Jones' but he has the living room accessibility because of having a lifetime of celebrity and reality TV.

Trumps true fans.... really are living in a fantasy land, and they enjoy the hell out of it.

Transaction-

Everyone still hanging onto Trump in some way still thinks they are getting something out of it. Maybe it be another Supreme Court Justice who will overturn Roe V. Wade, or maybe they work for Halliburton or Shlumberger and know that a tariff on Solar, and Wind here in the US will get their department 5 more years of projects and a steady paycheck for their family.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You've never met my children. When the tantrum fails, they allow themselves to descend into a spiral of self-pity, resentment, and bitterness that will consume their entire day. Then, the next time they want something, they'll use the exact same failed strategy of throwing a tantrum and then sulking forever, on the premise I can only guess is that if they can't be happy then no one else should be either.

I suppose that's not fair. Only two of my children are like that. :p

Deckard and ipaman like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. ipaman

agreed and yea i know it's facked up.

Nolen likes this.
  8. ipaman

just like mine! but no worries because as i mentioned, this country at all levels is incapable of collectively ignoring trump.

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lol

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, we've found the absolute last person and opinion I would like to hear. :D

Thanks, internet!

Deckard and Torn n Frayed like this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Reminds me of this guy

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 4.46.34 PM.jpg

No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  13. KingCheetah