1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump would have saved students from shooter, go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Anticope

Anticope Member

No, because a comedian isn't the president of the United States. I mean, is it really that hard for you to understand why people analyze the things that Trump says far more than they would for any typical person? You're basically saying people should accept that the bar has been lowered this much and just not care anymore. Trump is going to continue to spew whatever verbal diarrhea comes to his head and people are going to continue to complain about it, maybe you should accept both of those facts instead of just one of them.

2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I don't ask my comedians to be the leader of the free world. What stand up comics do or say does not have a lasting impact on the entirety of civilization, whereas what the President of the United States does and says very clearly can.

Also, I can turn off a comedy special that I don't like. I (unfortunately) can't turn off the President.

DudeWah likes this.
  3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Why does he feel the need to say this kind of crap?

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

nope that's not what i'm saying. i'm saying accept to for WHAT IT IS not accept it. it's crowd pandering by and for overly self conscious individual not policy or something serious like that.

but that's your fault, and my point, for taking his words like that. press conferences with media or sofu's, etc... sure then we take his word for what it is. but event speeches are useless when it comes to him.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Well, there's one SOTU a year, and he hasn't had a press conference in over a year, so I guess he's on easy street...nothing he says can be taken seriously, except one day a year.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Unfortunately, that is a major and impactful aspect of his job. What he says, even when being seemingly innocuous, can literally affect the entire world. If he were the head of the local 4H club, or - as you state - a comedian, I could much more easily laugh off his inane, hurtful, and dangerous rhetoric.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Trump's big problem is that he have made the office of the president of the United States into a comedian show.

DudeWah and eric.81 like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Super hero wanna be. 'I always wanted to get the Purple Heart'. Let the man be.

Also see Super Putin exhibit.

10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...Uh...

...wasn't there all manner of hell raised when the last President said something that he wasn't supposed to say or allowed to say when he said it...?

...And I hear that that guy was actually pretty funny...

Nook and eric.81 like this.
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Because he is the same stupid narcissistic egomaniac he has repeatedly shown us he is.

This isn't a bug of Trumpware folks, this is a feature.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Couldn’t have done less than the Liberal Sheriff and his Goon Platoon.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

How do liberals have a problem with this?

14. conquistador#11

only one like on my Seinfeld reference?
    :Folding my arms and rocking back and forth!!!!!:

Buck Turgidson, Nook and Amiga like this.
  15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

He's gonna head shot them Call of Duty style

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, I think it is a pretty serious policy issue. I see what they are doing with this deputy. They're painting this deputy as a coward and a derelict of his duty so that they can pivot the national conversation away from gun control and blame this shooting on a professional failure of the local first responders. No need for background checks or assault rifle bans, we just need our deputies to play harder! clap! clap! I don't think that's harmless pandering. He's Baghdad Bob telling us there is no problem, even though we're gunning each other down every day.

Something else I don't appreciate about his rhetoric is how quick he is to throw the mentally ill under the bus. Not that he has made overtures to address the problem of treating mentally ill, a suggestion I could endorse if I felt like he and other conservatives had any sincerity in offering it. But, the way he talks about the shooter. He calls him "a monster" and a "savage sicko." He proposes that some former teacher of this student, if armed, could have shot the hell out of him. He says that a sicko like Cruz should be locked away in a mental hospital, "removed from the community." If you're a young man struggling with mental illness, dealing with rejection and shunned by the community, and you have even the leader of the free world calling you dehumanizing names, showing no regard for the value of your life, wishing essentially that you did not exist, wouldn't the prospect of paying back hatred with hatred sound just a bit more appealing? Trump does the same thing with the mentally ill that he's doing with the deputy -- shifting blame from gun policy to the personal failings of individuals, and paying no regard at all to who he hurts in the process. What he says is not a bit of harmless rhetoric or bravado just because it isn't embodied in policy. He's shaping the political dialogue. I mean, for goodness sake, there is a national conversation about the wisdom of arming teachers, as if it wasn't totally ridiculous on its face! The only reason it's a conversation at all is that it came out of Trump's mouth.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We don't need teachers packing heat. Most of them are libruhls anyway. All we need is for heroic Trump supporters and NRA members to serve as security at every school.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I just love the thread title lol

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

dude did you read the thread title? we talking about him boasting about saving students which is NOT policy that's just ridiculous bragging. again, my point is which is related to this particular statement he made was about recognizing grandstanding for the crowd vs policy. we are not talking about policy at all in this thread fool.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Asked and answered. It's like you didn't read my post at all.