1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Transgenders no longer welcome in the military

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well I guess to SAVE MONEY we should ban all wounded Vets from serving in the military. Don't want to have the tax payers paying for them to see a Psychiatrist.

https://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/co-occurring/ptsd-suicide.asp

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Maybe we should just cut VA, that would save a lot of money. LOL

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Parallels? The whole argument for banning TG soldiers is that they cost too much money as stated by Trump himself. Now the shift is to talking about TG soldiers and suicide. If the argument is suicide and cost in the military, that's a pretty major parallel.

Just such a dumb argument. Of all the stupid BS we spend money on in the military, mental health SHOULD BE a no-brainer for our vets and active soldiers. Why is even a debate is beyond me.

And those trying to make excuses for our bigot of a president on this issue can go screw themselves.

London'sBurning likes this.
  4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

way to cover yourself doctor...:)
    that being said...My contention is simple, TG already face intense societal pressure and obstacles that are magnified once they are in active duty with other male or female counterparts. Comparing experiences in med school to the military? not the same thing...I dont have to know if the guy Im working alongside during surgery is really a female...I do care if they know how to assist... In active duty, guys showering with female soldiers are just not something that should be happening.

I have moderate persistent asthma...I would NOT be eligible for active duty in many military branches...where are my rights?

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Our mission is to defend this country, and we don’t want barriers unrelated to a person’s qualification to serve preventing us from recruiting or retaining the soldier, sailor, airman or Marine who can best accomplish the mission,” then-Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said. “We have to have access to 100% of America’s population for our all-volunteer force to be able to recruit from among them the most highly qualified — and to retain them.”

London'sBurning likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Honestly I don't care as long as they are not pacified. If you go in as a man, then you are to be held to mens standards. And if they can not tolerate the abuse, so be it.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And sadly, so is the suicide rate, which is about double that of civilian rate. If you want to use that as metric for banning a group, then we should have no military. Ban them all.

#107 Amiga, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, here is a trans individual that is obviously mental.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Y'all need to give "The Mistake" a break. He was for it before he was against it.

Rashmon likes this.
  10. Spooner

Spooner Member

Well you see, there are progressives and conservatives and in the long run, seems like things keep progressing.

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

LMAO

12. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm pretty sure the US military would consider people who speak functional english first.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That argument sounds easily portable to banning women. Female soldiers face enormous obstacles, so they should be banned.

The shower seems to be about the only concrete thing people can come up with for why trans and women can't serve. Even within the shower excuse, there's no imagination employed on how it might be solved.

Your asthma makes you a literal liability that can get yourself and others killed. Complications with showering arrangements are not really the same thing.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I wonder why?

Oh, that is why. Because they aren't treated like everyone else by people like you 2.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's really all it takes? Trump says it is true so it is now fact.

I know, I do know that Trans people are more prone to suicide. I don't think it's clear because of being trans or because of societal pressure to not be trans...

With that said, the point here is this. What Trump said was that he's banning ALL Trans people to serve in the military in any capacity.

The military already has a vetting process, but Trump has added to it "No trans." and you are for that?

You think there isn't a single Trans person alive that bucks bullying and harrassment? Why can't we treat them as individuals like everyone else?

This is such a dangerous precedent and road to go down.

Amiga likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

One of the central complaints, for any American, to this ridiculous stunt, (which is totally and only done to distract from other news), is the following:

A President made a decision for the Armed Forces without consulting the Armed Forces, at all. (By all evidence, aside from Two Scoops lying about it, what else.)

That should bother anyone who considers themselves a citizen of the United States. I don't want an Obama, a Bush, or anyone else dictating military policy or action without consulting the freaking military.

Amiga likes this.
  17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trump is not a bigot. All he cares about is money. He sees this as unnecessary and a burden and a way to cut spending.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Y'all keep "debating" with Rocketslegend when the dude can barely comprehend what he's reading.

CometsWin and Amiga like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

This is absolutely untrue.

eta: first it was blacks, then women and homosexuals...the military will get this right eventually as well.

Amiga likes this.
  20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Honestly why else would he do this then? Trump hates transgenders?