1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Transgenders no longer welcome in the military

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Link?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Stats say that white people commit Suicide more than black people. Ban all white people from the military!

3. No Worries

You should not, Its a win-win.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

5. No Worries

May I read your Phd thesis wrt this?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Where is your proof of this? Many have served successfully, so I'm guessing you know something the rest of us don't?

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The following are a few medical red flags/disqualifiers that hurt your chances at being declared medically fit...people with Asthma have rights too...
    http://www.tam.usace.army.mil/Portals/53/docs/UDC/medical-disqualifiers.pdf

9. No Worries

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I have an MD...

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agreed.

It's funny, I thought conservatives were for having people prove they are worth it? Instead, this just closes the door to all trans people, it's not 'prove it' at all.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Because you know I'm right.

I'll tell you which groups within the military are more prone to mental illness, suicide, and alcohol abuse- ALL OF THEM. I've worked with enough of them over the past 18 years to be able to make that determination (my colleague in Sacramento and I had a contract with the VA to write resumes and provide career counseling for returning veterans). Gender, race, height/weight, vegetarian vs. carnivores- it doesn't matter- being in the military, in and of itself, can trigger these conditions and afflictions, no matter who or what you are.

But I'm not really even writing this to you, even though I addressed it to you. Because you let political ideology trump humanity. So, I'm writing this more for people who still have the capacity to think reasonably non-partisanly and rationally.

This is, as others pointed out, a silly ban among the other types of "bans" we have dealt with from this incompetent, rancid administration. If you're able-bodied and of age, you should be able to serve our country. It's a no-brainer except for the people... well... never mind.

13. No Worries

This Trump is MO. At least once and every week, Two Scoops starts a tweet shti storm. For this week, this will be the distraction from the Russian investigation and the Senate health care votes.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, they are not. They, like anyone, are mentally affected with extreme levels of societal pressure. Which they shouldn't have to face if people just minded their own business. But, typical conservatives- keep out of our gun cabinets and churches, but let's intrude anywhere else we can. SMFH.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Source?

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

So you're arguing against science? I thought democrats were the party of science? I guess the only scientific proof Democrats care about is the one that fits their narrative.

Here is a fact. No matter how much surgery you receive to look like a different gender you can't change your chromosomes.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Really? then why even fight for it...the truth is that TG individuals account for less than half a percent of our population... Most of them with congenital anomalies and a few with psychiatric illnesses(ie. gender dysmorphia). Mental illness are often times multifactorial, but those with 'societal variants' face a greater level of pressure and require greater mental fortitude to overcome things like... bullying TG individuals.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess those for Trump's idea of banning trans people think our Military as it stands right now, has incorrectly enlisted thousands of people.

Apparently, our checks, physical and mental checks, aren't good enough since according to @RocketsLegend & @sugrlndkid the military has allowed thousands of mentally unfit people to join their ranks.

Amiga likes this.
  19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Trump the Divider Twitterer in Chief. LOL

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I believe that this policy of allowing trans into the military in 2016 has gone totally wrong and they're forced to change it.