1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Transgenders no longer welcome in the military

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 26, 2017.

1. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Oh man I'm losing it. You got me.

As someone that has seen a stupid amount of movies in my lifetime I feel a bit embarrassed.

Somehow I've never seen that one, but I've heard about it many times. I'll make sure to check it out. Thanks for putting me in my place lol.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No worries, honestly I watched it for the first time about a year ago. Somehow it always kept slipping through the cracks before that. I kind of wish I saw it long ago in hopes that I wouldn't view that scene the way I do now.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are wrong. It isn't like calling a Jewish person a Jew. "Tranny" is a pejorative term. It is an insult used to demean a transgender person. Keep using it and I will do what I can to get you booted. You and your little playmate. I think dandorick is on to something. It is easy to imagine the pair of you sitting on a couch seeing who can out troll the other.

Grow up. While you are busy attempting to grow up, here's some information for you. We have an ignore feature. BobbytheGreat is on my ignore list. It is as though he doesn't exist. Whatever stupid actions he takes here that are against the rules of the BBS will have to be reported by someone else.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, it's good to have the most feeble minded members of the D&D put you on ignore. It saves you the trouble of them throwing whiny sh*t fits every time they see something they don't like that gets them triggered. My advice would be to work on making Deckard look stupid in a discussion, that's the quickest way to get him to put you on ignore and given his mental shortcomings, it's REALLY easy to do no matter what the topic of conversation is.

Good luck kid.

smitheygerard likes this.
  5. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

It really isn't. There is a PC social justice group for every single "microaggression" regardless of how small or how trivial. Apparently you are the president of that fan club. However, if you are so adamant that it is derogatory maybe you shouldn't even spell it out in your posts. If I came on here and had to explain that the N word was a pejorative term I wouldn't exactly write it out. Maybe I should report you for such cavalier use.

I'm fully aware of the ignore list btw. I'm also fully aware that nobody else seemed to throw a fit about the whole T word issue except you. Feel free to put me on your ignore list, because honestly it will make both of our lives easier. No more "bigotry" to spam your feed.

6. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Luckily I doubt it will take long. He is on such a PC high horse that he probably takes exception to people calling their cars by female names. #genderprofiling #genderbias

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I won't let you off that easily, you and your little friend. Unlike Bobbythegreat, I'll keep an eye on the bigotry you two toss around so casually. And I'll report you when you use the term. Again, you are wrong about the use of that word. Do you know any transgender folks? I do. I also know their feelings about that word being used. If they think it is bigotry, if they find it very offensive, who am I to disagree? More to the point, why should you and your "friend?" Of course, you might just enjoy making an ass of yourself. So far, you're doing an excellent job.

eric.81 likes this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wonder what proportion of the military servicemen who think this ban is a good idea have actually worked alongside transgender personnel.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Milit...er-soldier-This-is-the-only-job-I-ever-wanted

9. durvasa

Well, I've pointed it out in the past to another member, mainly just as a heads up that it makes them look ignorant and unsophisticated when they casually use epithets in that manner when trying to make arguments. The "it's just shorthand for transgender or transsexual" doesn't really fly, considering no one uses the term "tranny" except in a context in which they're trying to demean them. Not sure why this still needs to be explained to people in the year 2017.

eric.81 likes this.
  10. Spooner

Spooner Member

Really man? I don't really care about PC culture at all. Having said that, its up to each of us to be decent human beings.

eric.81 likes this.
  11. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I know African Americans that think the term "black American" or "black" is offensive. I'm just not going to start playing these games where every day we find a new socially incorrect term or phrase.

I suppose I can throw you a bone, bc you're right I don't go walking down the street screaming "TRA***!!!!!" at the top of my lungs. And I would probably refrain from using that terminology face to face with someone.

Despite that, I don't really consider it to be that offensive. I have an uncle who is Jewish, and I don't call him a Jew. Doesn't mean that word is contraband.

This is a message board, and I have seen much worse in this thread alone than the reprehensible T WORD.

Sure. I get that there is a certain level of etiquette despite it being the internet. Again, I'm going to point out the double standard when I see other members flaunting the word like the child that found their dads gun, and nobody says anything. I say it once and [insert joker voice] "EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS!"

The reality is that the whole negative stigma behind the word stems from the fact that over the years it has largely been used to describe transgenders (happy?) that work in adult services. I'm clearly not saying all or most of them do. But whatever, no more T word for me. I'll leave that for Deckard to fling around in the way he deems appropriate.

12. durvasa

OK, thanks.

I guess "trans people" or "transgender people" (used as an adjective) rather than "transgenders" would be safer if don't want to deal with people being potentially offended or making assumptions about your character. Same with "black people" instead of "blacks" or "gay people" rather than "gays".

13. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

True. We wouldn't want anybody assuming we think they aren't people.

[​IMG]

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Reported.

Grow up.

eric.81 likes this.
  15. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

You can continue to be an annoying old crone and police this message board. It's not going to make a difference.

I don't understand how you get off thinking you have any kind of superiority in here. Other posters have literally called you out for your lack of mental aptitude, and I'm starting to see why. Something is definitely lacking there.

You also havent offered anything to this thread. At least I've explained my views about the ban. All you have done is come in here and report any little thing that you take exception to.

So fine feel free to continue your odd obsession with me, KevinsBacon, and the T word. I'm certainly not going anywhere. Capisce?

(Oh snap! Better watch my microaggressions... Wouldn't want you thinking I'm associating Italian Americans with intimidation tactics.)

KevinsBacon likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously though, Deckard picked the absolute right name, Deckard in the movie is essentially a Nazi that hunts down those who are different from those in society and either rapes them or murders them and Deckard on these boards is a PC Nazi that either ignores or harasses and reports anyone who thinks or speaks differently than his little echo chamber.

It's really pathetic and only serves to derail threads.

KevinsBacon and smitheygerard like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have made numerous posts about transgender issues. You wouldn't know that because you are too busy making assumptions, one being that everything revolves around you. Get over yourself.

18. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Well I don't have such an unhealthy obsession with everything you do. So I'm sure I missed out on a couple of your posts. Honestly that's probably a good thing.

Reading your comments is like binge watching two and a half men. It's funny, but in the end you feel like you lost a couple of brain cells.

KevinsBacon likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At the end of the day . . . . . a tweet has as much legal standing as a fart in the wind
    Call me when he signs something like an Executive Order or a Law

Rocket River

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You've definitely lost a few brain cells. Probably more than a few. As for Two and a Half Men, everything after season one was essentially a rerun. The same jokes over and over and over again. Sort of like you and your friend.