1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump to impose tariff on steel and aluminium, geaux Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 1, 2018.

1. dmoneybangbang

China is now buying products it would have already bought in order to get reduced tariffs.

2. adoo

adoo Member

Trump, in a news conference at the WH, said that it is the greatest deal ever !!!​

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Isn't USMCA just a dressed up NAFTA? He is great at this.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

We already had framework for all the deals because of the TPP... NAFTA, S Korea, and Japan were all based off the TPP framework plus some changes to autos.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

NAFTA that the Democrats in Congress have been in charge of negotiating terms directly with Canada & Mexico on. So Trump announces "we have a deal", no deal is made... only some tentative framework agreement to move forward, Congress negotiates, Trump signs Congresses deal, Trump gets credit, Trump bashes "Do-Nothing Democrats".

Seems like a great political strategy Democrats. Let me ask you guys a question... what would have Republicans done if Hillary Clinton was president, and she did this type of trade strategy, and it was up to the Republicans in the House to negotiate a deal on the behalf of the US????

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

premier xi thanking the president for the deal...

[​IMG]

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Hey, how did you know it was Putin who forced Trump to make the deal? It is top secret!

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is not the first time Trump *promised* that China will make "massive US Ag purchases".

All together, let's hold our breath ...

9. NewRoxFan

10. conquistador#11

Farmers are having to apply for food stamps. Many people don't know. In fact, I didn't even know until Bobrek did some fancy researching that the largest users of such programs are not the people this administration and previous ones have you believing. (More white people than other ethnicity use snap but don't tell anyone.)
    https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/tr...tamps-as-his-trade-war-hammers-their-incomes/

11. NewRoxFan

Fed study: Trump tariffs backfired, caused job losses and higher prices
    https://thehill.com/policy/finance/...backfired-caused-job-losses-and-higher-prices

No Worries likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

It always humors me when liberals try to explain or denounce the economy. You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

And I say this as someone with a finance degree that has been in the industry for 23 years...

15. dobro1229

Ok Boomer. Then don’t listen to “liberals”. Go talk to the farmers in the mid west. Go talk to those workers who have a full time job in retail or the service industry but still have to apply for food stamps.

If it wasn’t true that there is still massive income inequality and real people still hurting, do you really think Bernie Sanders would be a top 3 candidate in the primary? His platform doesn’t come from nowhere.

As for our understanding of the economy, all you have to know is that the GDP has slowed, inflation has increased, and the deficit has ballooned. So while the jobs reports look great, and there has been slight gains in earnings, under the surface the average American can see a body that is using steroids, and antibiotics to fight every common cold, and at some point the use of such drugs will render its effectiveness useless when a really bad virus does come.

Most people see an economy propped up and people at the top trying to get rich quick while they can. It’s not an economy that is setup for long term stability. It’s about sucking them dry as a work force while they can’t afford to pay their rising bills and mortgage.

So even if liberals you know don’t have 23 years of experience working at Edward Jones selling IRA’s, we can at least see the obvious sentiment that average working people feel about the economy and how it’s working for them.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

Always fun to see ignorant people talk about things they don't know for paragraphs. What do you do, child?

17. dobro1229

I don’t get triggered by old farts like you. Have fun losing people’s money for them in 2020. I’m sure people can sleep with confidence knowing their life savings is in the hands of such a smart tough guy! This guy has a FINANCE degree. Where do I sign up?? It’s as good of an investment as BasketballHollic/Jopatmc’s insider newsletter I’m sure.

18. NewRoxFan

Interesting that you can discern the political party these "liberals" belong to based on reading a center-right web site like The Hill:

Aaron Flaaen:
    https://www.federalreserve.gov/econres/aaron-b-flaaen.htm
    https://www.aaronflaaen.com/

Justin Pierce:
    https://www.federalreserve.gov/econres/justin-r-pierce.htm
    http://www.justinrpierce.com/

And I don't know you, your academic background, and your professional background... but the two guys that authored the study seem like they are pretty good sources for this...

No Worries likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you want to show your knowledge with your finance degree, I suggest you actually use some paragraphs and explain why they are wrong rather than belittling.

Anyways, I'm not a finance degree expert, but doesn't that ciriculum have little do do with macroeconomics?

20. adoo

adoo Member

from that institution of lower learning, the now-defunct Trump University​