1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: I will obliterate Turkey in my great and unmatched wisdom, USA is great

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

Are we sure it's ok....

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No spin. The key, I'm afraid, is to avoid comparisons to other politicians. Compare to Jim Jones, David Berg, David Koresh and the like. That's the only thing that fits the data available to us. "Unmatched wisdom" type comments only come from that sort of person, with the matching sort of followers.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Kurds are not an ally state... They are not a country. They are a terrorist group. Useful terrorist who were paid with weapons and air support. We don't owe them anything. Turkey is our actual ally and we should let them sort their mess with the kurds how they see fit. They need to prevent a kurdish state from opening on their southern border. Also it helps to isolate the terrorists into the east, away from the border where they may create more instability.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

That should be the official Trump Presidency’s Motto ...

Donald J Trump, he’s just joking again!

Invisible Fan and Deckard like this.
  5. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You do know the Kurds hold 60k ISIS detainees right? And they are doing it at the behest of the US. Now that they are pissed at the US for abandoning them... What do you think is a possible outcome?

joshuaao and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, @dachuda86, that is an ignorant statement, one that illustrates perfectly just how totally “in the bag” you are when it comes to Mr trump.

justtxyank, ROXTXIA and adoo like this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Gosh, I'm beginning to think that Trump and trumpers don't think this President thing is actual serious business with life and death consequences for innocent people.

no depth, no gravitas, no strategy, no responsibility, no sense of legality

I like blaming the Ukraine call on Perry. Like you take your legal and world politics advice from a guy that held a ceremonial position and barely passed a a Bachelor of Science degree in animal science. I have no idea what Pompeo's excuse is; dude should be the sharpest tack.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump takes credit for killing isis by proxy, later burns Kurds who do the legwork.

What the **** is a Kurd any whey?

Kurd.

Kurd.

Turd.

Brilliant.

I should tweet this.

justtxyank, adoo and No Worries like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"I promise you America has your back . .we are friends to the end" - All Future Presidents
    "PPPHHHTTT - You can only promise 8 years at most .. . after that all bets are off" - All Future International Partners

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

i said it in the other thread but I think it needs to be said again....... WORST POTUS EVER

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Or maybe:

Donald J Trump - THE USA IS GREAT!

Sadly, that would probably really rally his supporters....

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I understand your concern, but I think other things are more likely. It is possible they get released, but I think something is more likely. They will likely cut their heads off. Shoot them. Mass graves. That thing. They're communists so that's probably coming somewhere in the near future. They're not letting them go, if that's what you think. I would sooner see them cut a deal with the Turks to take them into prison the system. Turkey won't want that because prisoners can make other prisoners more extreme and they don't want that in their borders. Really the best solution is executions because these are fighters who lost a war and they will continue to make problems if their genetic lineage is not cut off. The women and children will likely be included in that mass killing, but it's possible that they can be turned over to Syria or wherever they are from and let them deal with it.

Why would the Kurds kill them? Because they want their own state. Releasing them would essentially hurt their efforts.

Now why save them? Is there something to be gained by keeping them alive? Maybe, but I think the Turks don't want them and taking them would be a massive mistake. The EU and the US aren't prepared to handle it either. So really there is little option. Send them "home" and have them return and continue fighting you, or execute them.

Turkey could attack them and chase them out of their positions and if the Kurds see a state as impossible, releasing ISIS prisoners could be a good tool. I suppose that threat could keep Turkey from slaughtering them completely, but again, Turks will not allow the creation of a Kurdish state on their southern border. They will go to war before that, so I don't think they would care if prisoners like ISIS members were released if it meant destroying a potential Kurdish state. This is all a big what if though. We don't even know if those prisoner counts are accurate and if they will be kept alive that long considering the cost of it.

So with an unwilling Turkey to take them probably, and no state option on the table for the Kurds, and the financial burden, expect prisoners to die of starvation or execution. Freedom is an option if the Kurds want to further destabilize the "safe" zone that the Turks are creating, but it is doubtful that ISIS could handle the Turkish military might that would be deployed there. Turkey is not like the surrounding states. They are a major power, with advanced tech and highly trained troops and a modern air force. They lack nukes, but their tank game and troops are ready to go. The population there is also deeply anti-kurd, and find the idea of a kurdish state offensive and dangerous. They would back this war despite casualties. The US airforce is also there, and it is likely that the US could easily deploy air support to back its NATO ally in the event of a full-scale conflict, but again they have an airforce. A good one too. They are even toying with the idea of getting an aircraft carrier... they are on the edge of making the leap to having a major projective force, which is actually something a lot of people don't expect from them. The safe zone is more than doable for them and it's largely to do with the kurds.

#33 dachuda86, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Communist cut off heads?

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They will likely shoot them and put them in a pass grave. The communist way. But yeah these ones may cut off their heads out of revenge for the atrocities ISIS did to their people and everyone in the region.

#35 dachuda86, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019