1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Crisis Finally Hits Stocks As Concerns Mount Over GOP Defections

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, May 17, 2017.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Oh yes, the Bernie bros are now extremely happy with president Trump, he was so much better for them than Hillary would have been, good job for those people!

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

As I said in my quoted post, it's too early to promote one guy. 2016 was not an open race; this one almost has to be. As for Obama, I remember they gave him the 2004 keynote address that helped build his profile -- mostly because he gave a good speech that made people take notice. Elizabeth Warren was the keynote in 2016, Julian Castro did it in 2012, Mark Warner in 2008. DNC also just did a similar thing for Kennedy by having him do the SOTU rebuttal. If your criticism is that no one else has caught fire the way Obama did, that's probably not a very fair expectation. The DNC didn't make Obama; he was like Lebron James, the consensus #1 pick with his incredible athleticism and a head for the game.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Disagree and it was way more than a single speech opportunity. It was his race, background, education, his story, but even that would not have been enough. That gave him the speech and the senate seat only. The tactical/practical approach began after he won. He was advised on which committees to join and chair. He was helped with key people to add to his staff. Because he he was a "good athlete," they coached him up hard. And credit to them for doing it because it was genius and it worked.

They've not done that with anyone else or someone like me would have hard about them. btw... I'm a Warren fan but she's had her chances to fill the void and she avoided for whatever reason. I personally think a woman of her stature and reputation would be worthy of the honor of being the first woman potus. thank goodness it wasn't that scumbag clinton. But alas I think she waited too long as she'll be 70+ in 2020 which could hurt her.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dow bounces back 567 points, thanks Obama

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e75e78-0ab7-11e8-998c-96deb18cca19_story.html

Volatile Dow closes up 567 points after a rocky day of trading following Monday’s historic drop
    By Steven Mufson, William Booth and Thomas Heath February 6 at 4:00 PM Email the author
    U.S. stocks bounced in the final hour of trading Tuesday after a rocky morning that saw the Dow Jones industrial average dip into correction territory.

After a big swing of more than 1,100 points during the day, the Dow landed up 2.3 percent, or 567 points, to finish at 24,912.

“Volatility is back,” said Jamie Cox of Harris Financial Group. “It’s not back in a big way, but it’s not going to be dormant like it was in 2017. That’s the real story.”​

5. pirc1

Watch for Trump tweet on how great the stock market was today due to his intervention.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny, Stock market was humming, Trump cuts taxes and the result is a market crash on fears of inflation. That's why you don't try to give medicine to a healthy economy - you risk making it sick

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The stock market was increasing because the market was expecting cut. It means more money for shareholders.

However you also increase debt which increases borrowing cost. I think running a trillion dollars defecit when you don't have to seems like bad economic policy. I think the the debt should grow but at slow rate with a strong economy.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes it increased because of cuts and then the market realized that was increases are already happening which combined with a stimulus is going to drive inflation.

It's like Person who drank the cups of coffee and taking Adderall all of a sudden doing some coke and speed.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly and they are gonna be crying in 2020 because instead of focusing on a candidate they've done this.

You would think with the Russia stupidity dying down they would focus on the next election at least

ipaman likes this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think Democrats need to focus on an issue at least. Fighting Trump on immigration isn't enough although it's important.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They do look very reactive these days. It's harder to look like a leader like that. The Party of No had that same problem before this last election. I'm not sure there is much you can do about it, though. They have no base of power anywhere. To talk about some new issue not on the agenda risks looking irrelevant. So, it's hard to talk about much else than what Trump puts on the agenda. It's enough for me. These are big issues about American identity. It's not just immigration, but culture, economic class, civil rights, role of government, leadership in the world. We were headed one way; the reaction took over government and is trying to turn the battleship the other direction; and the question is whether we're going to allow that to happen. I don't know if there is any other conversation more worth having.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  13. ipaman

Trump sort of won with a NOT HILARY/OBAMA campaign so maybe NOT TRUMP campaign works but I wouldn't bet on it. Need more substance and it can't be seen as catering/sympathetic to non-americans over americans. you'll lose again. it's crazy but for two years now the liberals are getting outplayed badly. they won't admit it (they'll blame "racist" whites instead, even though obama won two terms lol) but they should.

first and foremost, find a candidate with a sterling reputation and class and that's an immediate victory. find someone who is not scene as a corrupt insider for win two. find someone who is charismatic and can communicate (not much required to out do trump) for win 3. no more "crazy old men" types like bernie, paul, perot, etc... for me, warren checks all those boxes except.... she's old and perhaps a bit weak for backing down against hilary after initially calling her out. outside of warren, nothing, nada, zilch. a giant leadership void with the results and prospects to show for it.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

me thinks trump supporters simply hate getting the constant stream of reminders of who they voted for and what they are supporting. And it is a constant stream.

15. ipaman

yes, i agree. liberals are bullies who are and have been bullying and shaming trump voters with nothing to show for it.

16. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

17. pirc1

Are we going to break 2400 today? down 666(3) right now.

18. adoo

adoo Member

let's itemize;

defeating
    • Trump's unconstitutional EOs
    • Trump's effort to repeal ObamaCare
    • Trump's effort to elect the pedophile from Alabama to the US Senate
    forcing the dotard's hand / shaming him to
    • fire his NSA director
    • minimize his association w
      • the uber money launder (of Russian $) Manafort
      • his foreign affairs advisers, the ones that he had announced publically
        • Carter Page, whom the Russians had targeted to spy for Ptin
        • George P, whom had spilled the beans insofar as the Trump campaign having dirt, provided by the Russians, on Hillary
    • effectively fire the WH staff secretary
      • the violent domestic abuser, multiple times, Rob Porter
    the Mueller investigation has yielded, in ~ 8 mos, 4 indictment and 2 guilty pleads​

#38 adoo, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Shame Obama couldn't intervene once again today. We need Obama back full-time in order to see consistent gains over 4 years.

20. ipaman

first of all you're an idiot who can't follow the point apparently. "nothing to show for it" is within the context of having lost the election and still having not found their candidate. so i don't know what the hell you're talking about with your stupid itemization list.

again missing the point entirely but not surprised because liberals are actually r****ded. i don't give a **** about the liberals focusing on russia and trump collusion. me telling you liberals why it's a bad idea doesn't mean i care, i don't. but the real snowflakes (liberals) surely will be crying when they have 20 boring average joes running in the primary with no real chance at winning again.

btw... this is why you liberals suck and part of my point. we have one of the worst potus in history, a real scumbag elite, and you liberals still can't unite the country because you all are too stupid to get out of your own way. you call people racist, you campaign for non-americans, leadership is weak, leadership is crazy, Hollywood has some control and they are crazy, etc... you guys suck so hard that bernie voters voted for trump or abstained LOL!!!! seriously get your **** together, or don't, but regardless it should be easy to beat someone like trump and yet you lost once and i see no progress being made to make me think that you wouldn't lose again.