1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump breaks #1 promise before he takes office.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Oh yes!

Tell me moreeee about what a great ally Mexico is, who's society relies on illegally pushing mexicans through our border so they can collect remittances, who depends on our gracious donations and economic help/support to survive, who consistently burns us in trade

Tell me oh wise one, list to me all the great things that Mexico provides as a dear ally. Because honestly, in this relationship we are the one's giving. Mexico takes and takes and does nothing.

Any time we ask them for anything they sneer. Oh what great friends they are!! We ask a speedy return of our marines and they play games, anytime we ask them to do something they refuse, throw a fit and claim pride.

In this relationship Mexico is nothing but an selfish, unappreciated, manipulative gold digger.

They are hardly a 'friend'. Only when it's convenient for them.

#101 Realjad, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Aceshigh7 likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've got no big trouble with the wall. Build it. It's a waste of money, but we waste a lot of money on a lot of stupid stuff. He'll probably spend a lot more expanding a military that's plenty big as it is so that he can parade missiles down Pennsylvania Ave.

I do have a problem with picking a fight with our ally Mexico. If we destroy value in their economy, it'll create more Mexican poverty, more power for drug cartels, and more illegal immigrants crossing. A more enlightened approach would be to give American investors incentives to invest in Mexico -- who are currently undergoing a big reform of their energy industry and intend to build a lot of E&P, pipeline, electric generation and transmission infrastructure -- so that we can make Mexico economically stronger which would weaken cartels, reduce violence, and reduce the drivers of emigration. And we'd have a better market to sell American goods into. You can do all that and build a wall too. It's the 'make Mexico pay for it' part that is really benighted.

Nook, tinman and dmoneybangbang like this.
  3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Dude why the long paragraphs? I was agreeing with you. We need to cripple Mexico and ream them hard. Nothing bad could come from it. You're a wise man that should email the Trump administration your passion for reaming Mexico like I am. Chant it with me brother. Ream Mexico! Ream Mexico!

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm heading to the Alamo and waiting on the Mexican invasion.

Nook likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Border Patrol Chief Out Day After Trump Border Fence Decree

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...chief-out-day-after-trump-border-fence-decree

6. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Easy there, Amigo--40% of the components that Mexico exports to the US include parts that originated IN the US. Oh yeah, and the 6 million jobs in the US that depend on trade with Mexico. Get a grip, El Troglodyte-o:
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/26/new..._international+(CNNMoney:+International+News)

7. NewRoxFan

Mexico president cancels Trump summit as wall jibe deepens spat

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mexico-idUSKBN15A1VF

8. NewRoxFan

Mexico is our third largest trade partner. And we're Mexico's largest trade partner.

9. Realjad

It's jobs that can be re-created easily without trading with Mexico

10. Realjad

We better be Mexico's largest trade partner, they would be foolish not to trade with us and our policies that benefit them. That is the problem, our trade deficit with them is over 50 billion annually.

If these roles were reversed, Mexico would not be trading with us, and they most certainty wouldn't be calling us an 'ally'.

If I give you $100 every time you give me $20.. I'm sure I would be your best friend and number one trade partner too!

I also bet that if my kid throws his ball into your backyard you would give it back with no problem..
    Mexico plainly put is selfish, couldn't even return things on a simple request without playing games and creating hurdles.

Aceshigh7 likes this.
  11. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Ok, I stand corrected...:rolleyes:

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I wonder what @Trader_Jorge's Mexican industrialist contacts make of all this.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Good point. It's a testament to the amount of production that has been offshored (not automated) to Mexico.

14. dmoneybangbang

Lol... sure it is.

15. dmoneybangbang

Yep cheap and skilled labor and good geographical location. They have automation in Mexico too, its silly to think otherwise.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So basically you believe that it is ultimately more beneficial to not trade with Mexico if it does not produce a trade surplus for us.

You do understand that they are producing goods cheaper and working for that trade surplus? It isn't simply giving money away like your strange example scenario of exchanging $100s for $20s. If I'm making your shoes, clothes, phones, food, appliances, etc and you are paying me to do that then that is a more accurate way of looking at it. It's not just giving money away.

17. Realjad

peso going down, gas up 20%, people protesting... and the politicians are living like kings

I understand why the Mexican government doesn't want a wall, our open border is the safety valve that prevents an internal revolution in Mexico and has for decades.

Nieto will bend the knee soon enough though

sugrlndkid and Aceshigh7 like this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Yea they don't seem to understand it was Americans deciding with their wallets, where the goods came from. They may be surprised that companies don't want to only sell to Americans if protectionist policies are put into place and they may not like shortages and price spikes.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Do u REALLY want to alienate one of your CLOSET allies? Think about it.....Mexico is a buffer for southern access to the US. You can't have any control of the flow of drugs without Mexico's help. Terrorist can easily flow thru Mexico if they don't help your intelligence. China would HAPPILY fill the US void in Mexico.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

B-Bob and juicystream like this.