1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So harsh.

You should applaud him for being smart enough to know how to copy/paste something he saw posted on another website.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like it's the point where he's becoming a literal caricature of what I thought of Trump since the 90s.

How can a single person believe this man is deserving of such a high level of office?

Yung-T and RudyTBag like this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Trump had a hugely successful 2017. Tax relief, ISIS defeat, Gorsuch/appellate court appointments, unleashing American economy. All huge successes.

Liberals are left to gobble up their left wing media sources and trying to call Trump stupid/racist/bigot, etc. Meanwhile Trump gets schit done.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Trump had NOTHING to do with the ISIS strategy. Obama put that in place 2-3 years ago. Republicans b****ed about leading from behind, but it was strategy to let Iraqis do the heavy lifting to take back their country...with US support. The US economy was already unleashed before Trump took office. Unemployment was 4.8 when Obama left office and the Stock Market was over 20,000. Nice try though. The Tax gift to the rich will be Trump's and the Republicans downfall.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

#587 Carl Herrera, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    No Worries likes this.
  8. bigtexxx

wrong, wrong and wrong. I won't take the time to educate you, sorry.

9. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I’ll take that as a compliment.

Trump has discombobulated the Democratic Party and they’ve seriously lost their collective minds in a paranoia not seen since McCarthyism.

Their emotional hatred of Trump is clouding any reason and they had convinced themselves that this vile creature could not win as no one they knew supported him. This is more a reflection of the feedback loop many in the media and in Washington are in.
    This made it such a shell shock when he won that Trump literally clouded their reason and judgement.

That emotional hatred by the press, by establishment politicians both republican and Democrat has somehow clouded people’s reason and logic and turned them into conspiratorially fools. The amount of stories that were published, retracted and flat out repudiated is a telling sign.

I plead you all to let go of your hate and let reason prevail. I didn’t like Obama’s policies but mainstream Republicans didn’t think he was a Muslim agent just the nutjob racist extreme right wingers. But it’s not the extreme left wing nutjobs that are acting in this manner but the average democrats.

Really disheartening.

Astrodome likes this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We are under the obama's budget. We will see how Trumps policies work out, but you should really be thanking Obama.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Please tell me you're not serious. There is no way in hell I would thank Obama for anything he has done in the previous administration.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Trump has done a good job in year one.

I wouldn't think that many folks would abandon conservative values because the president isn't the greatest human.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't understand the "fake polls!" people. Remember we had actual elections in 2017-- Virginia and special elections and

they all showed results turning against Republicans by a significant number of percentages-- much like the national and local polls said they would. Even the 2016 Presidential election was not far from the polling results toward the end-- Clinton had slim lead in national polls, she ended up with a slim national popular vote advantage. Some poll aggregator were way overconfident but others like Nate Silver cautioned that Clinton's lead was just one variable away from losing her the election given the electoral map (Silver had her around 65% chance of winning in the final days, IIRC).

Polling is kind of like referees. Even if they are 90+% correct, people still only pay attention to the instances where they screw up (or even are just perceived to have screwed up).

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

It's sad that supporters of our Dotard-in-Chief just can't accept that, as a country, we made a huge mistake in supporting and electing the most unfit, unqualified, and morally bankrupt individual in the history of our nation. I understand some lack the cognitive capacity to concede the mistake, but those of you with the facility to acknowledge the truth embarass yourselves by continuing to support and defend him.

Just take the loss, mutter a mea culpa, and let's do what we can to limit the damage he can do in 2018 and replace him in 2020 before he drives this country in the ditch.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I don't mind someone else in 2020 but hopefully it is a conservative.

Not sure what loss you are referencing but hope I can accept this loss as gracefully as you did.

#595 Astrodome, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The election of this mistake. I chalk it up as a loss...for our country.

While I was a vocal and vigorous Bush basher, I would trade Dotard for W in a heartbeat.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The unemployment rate and stock market numbers were in that range. And the trajectory had been going up for many years. No one will take you, or anyone else liberal/independent etc. if you just ignore simple statistics that are factual.

If you believe that Trump profoundly changed the direction of the fight against ISIS and they were not already losing land when he took office. That’s great.

18. bigtexxx

So you conveniently omit the fact that the stock market is up 25%+ since Trump took over? And that is despite rising interest rates (lower interest rates helped the market tremendously when Obama was potus)

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m sorry but did Trump campaign on the stock market or did he not run on bringing back well paying jobs to white working class areas of the country?

His biggest achievement in the economic/jobs area that was touted was the Carrier Deal which went south very quick. The Foxconn deal is laughably bad because of the high cost per job is a highly inefficient way to bring jobs. The last numbers I saw on that was it was essentially costing 500k per job added. That’s an insanely innefficient way to add jobs.

Wage growth is still stagnant. Manufacturing jobs haven’t seen a major increase yet. I don’t really see how any normal American that was hurting before has magically recovered simply because CEO’s are buying back stocks to drive up the price, and investors were trading on speculation of a major tax cut.

Take whatever win you want, but this was NOT the economic message Trump ran on, and is essentially the continuation of the Obama years with a huge corporate tax cut. If you polled voters in 16, how many would have said ... yes... that’s what I’m voting for!

#599 dobro1229, Jan 2, 2018
    R0ckets03 and krnxsnoopy like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Stock market performance over the 1st year of president's term is a stupid way to gauge performance, but if you must.

[​IMG]

BTW, what happen to main street and the REAL unemployment rate? Is it still 20+%!? Wasn't this your thing during the Obama year? What about golfing? Amnesia now? Of course it's BS, but now that Trump is in office, you see everything in a different light. Bias galore, the bigtexx way.

Factually, Trump hasn't done anything for main street, unless you are in the bucket of trickle down manure. His one accomplishment, tax scam, is a long term negative for poor and middle class. He's been worse than thought, a daily embarrassment and we are all better off if he stay on vacation the rest of this term. His polls reflect an unprecedented unpopular president in modern history. Only his minions continue their support of the Failure.

#600 Amiga, Jan 2, 2018