1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If he does start some sort of war, a real one, all self-identified GOP loyalists (Fox nation) will rally with one voice and his numbers will shoot well up into the mid to high 40's.

Hope I'm wrong: no war, no rally for Two Scoops.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Republicans are not voting for a Democrat. I think he at a minimum gets the low 40's and likely within a couple points of what he got in 2016; possibly even the same.

Even if he loses in 2020; he isn't going to get crushed in the electoral college. He likely carries the South and a lot of the rust belt and Midwest.

People point to opinion polls and what they hear people saying. However it doesn't matter what Chicago, LA or NY or the NE area thinks. He is still popular is areas like Michigan, Wisconsin and parts of Ohio.

He likely loses in a 2020 run but it isn't a guarantee.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I still think he's going to get primaried by his own party.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll be very surprised if he isn't, assuming he's still in office. I'm not sure he will be.

5. Nook

Nook Member

If he thinks this will happen, does he run as a third party?

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm certain that his base supporters would love it. They hate establishment GOP almost as much as the DNC now a days.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wouldn’t this hurt his funding though not being able to fund through the RNC? Under RNC he gets funding from Koch, NRA, Steve Wynn, and Mercers. As a third party candidate I’d have to think the Mercer’s jump ship but not sure who else would. Also neither side GOP or Trump would want to sacrifice a dime. You’d have to think they have mutual financial interest in staying together, but who knows.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Lowest in Trump's presidency (measured by WSJ poll, previous low 39% in May). Biggest drop among Independents. Suspect Monday's news drops it further...

No Worries likes this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the democrats really f***ed up with clinton. they put up the one person who could not beat him and my fear is that they are going to try her again.

im expecting trump to be impeached or resign before his term ends, but if he did run again i think he could win just riding his base of hypocritical evangelicals, republican party schills and racists.

trump has already done permanent damage to the establishment wing of the party, but if that happened it would be the end of the GOP and guarantee a democrat victory. establishment GOP has to know this so they will just hold their noses and go along...like they did last year.

Hakeemtheking and R0ckets03 like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Poll + Muller ===> Trump twitter meltdown this morning

11. NewRoxFan

With the news of indictments, can polling in the twenties be far behind?

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I've been wrong so far, but I think 20's would be impossible. As I believe I've noted earlier in this thread, most republicans still approved of tricky dick even as he was leaving in disgrace. (And I don't mean to point fingers at republicans -- we're just a very tribal country, it seems.)

All that blather aside, I never even thought Two Scoops would get to 62% disapproval. That's a pretty big number and it's the kind of number (maybe?) that could finally convince some congressional republicans to grow a faux pair and speak out (for their own good, natch).

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sure the GOP is frightened by the poll #'s, but more than anything they are mostly frightened about losing donor money if they cannot pass tax cuts for their donors. That's why you see Paul Ryan and others really freaking out about it as if the world will end if they don't pass those cuts yesterday.

If they don't pass those cuts they will be walking into 18 mid terms with no donor money during the most unpopular presidency in the history of the US. They know if they DO have the donor money from the Kochs, Mercers, etc. going into 18 regardless they have a good chance at still retaining the House & Senate with enough attack ads and right wing propaganda efforts on the FoxNews watchers. That's still 40% of America, and they know the traditional Republicans still "come home" to republican candidates IF they go to the polls.

If the GOP cannot propagate their audience and voters, they are doomed. That in the end is what frightens them far more than a 29% approval rating. They can still win with a heavily brain washed right wing of the nation thinking they are showing up to the polls to save the nation from Hillary Clinton, the deep state, abortion clinics, and Mexican rapists. They just need their donor money to do so, and tax cuts are how they get that stream of revenue.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Our Unindicted Co-Conspirator-in-Chief doing work...

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

GRENDEL and daywalker02 like this.
  17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

18. NewRoxFan

19. NewRoxFan

The first of many even lower polling numbers rolling in...

CNN Poll: Trump approval at new low as Russia concerns grow
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/politics/cnn-poll-trump-approval-russia-concerns/index.html

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

58% of the people in this country are complete idiots. They need to start watching info wars to get the real story.