1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and the transformation of American Christianity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Kim, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Bible’s are not for the true believers. It’s for the Evangelical Mega Church CEOs who cannot otherwise donate to Trump.

ROCKSS, Nook, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This part of the article pretty much sums Trump on up his Bible selling venture....

The fact that some of the revenue he earns from this very pious gambit is likely to go towards legal expenses in a matter related to his dalliance with a p*rn star or towards compensating a woman whom he was found liable for sexually abusing is the icing on the evangelical cake.

ROCKSS and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The King Trump's version of the Bible

Rocket River

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read the piece and it’s good. I agree that its overall point is that tribal loyalties have become the most important thing to Trumps support.

It’s not whether Trump is a good Christian it’s that he loudly proclaims he’s a Christian. As the author notes it’s a litmus test of support that if you’re with us you not only support Trumps ham handed profiteering you celebrate it because he’s rubbing it in to who you perceive as your tribal enemies.

It’s about grievance. That you feel your view of Christianity is under attack so you want someone who not just loudly proclaims they are Christian they do it in a way that is feels obnoxious and offensive to those who you oppose. It’s the flip side of the excesses we see on display at Gay Pride Parades.

FrontRunner, ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A master con artist like Trump fully understands that grievance and tribalism are great marketing tools. That the “Trump Bible” might come off as tacky and crass is the point. It’s the rudeness of it and in your face attitude that MAGA wants because that is viewed “ fighting for your cause” in this culture.

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is that Tinman’s precious 12 year old way of saying I like Trump without being able to say I support Trump while adding absolutely zero to the conversation? Get some courage Trump fanbois support your obese man child with pride.

ROCKSS and Rocket River like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I wonder what Mike Pence thinks of Trump's $60 USA Bible.

Did you know that Republicans, in a Oct 2023 HarrisX poll, see Trump as a "person of faith" more so than Mitt Romney, Mike Pence, Biden, ...

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I legit expect that those bibles to have been altered

Rocket River

11. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

It is a grift. It is a way for churches to donate to Trump to avoid that pesky IRS

Rocket River likes this.
  12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

That the Donald is the idol of the majority of evangelicals tells me everything I need to know about them. They should change their name to revengelicals.