1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and Israel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

How many times in one day can I post the Green Shirt Man? The ownage today has been epic.

Congratulations fchowd0311, beautiful post

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/...l?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Opinion
    A Geopolitical Earthquake Just Hit the Mideast
    The Israel-United Arab Emirates deal will be felt throughout the region.

More at the link above

B-Bob, T_Man, Ubiquitin and 1 other person like this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not entirely sure about this deal but it seems like it is possibly a success for him and his interests. Not worth a peace prize... his deeper support base continues to say it is but honestly this is peanuts compared to a true peace deal in Israel. Commendation perhaps but what did Israel give up? Imo no peace prize... he doesn't deserve one yet... and neither did Obama. Especially his. His should be revoked.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good for Israel and UAE for normalizing their relations. Good for the West Bank Palestinians who get their annexation punted down the road. But I am not going to pat Netenyahu on his back for stopping annexation plans when it shouldn't have been pursued in the first place.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still don’t think this is an earthquake. Israel has said this is only a temporary halt to annexation. They reiterated today that they still reserve the right to annex.

Also the UAE has been dealing with Israel for years and this formalizes things that have been already been happening behind the scenes. It also gives them an economic benefit from allowing tourism to happen openly between Israel and the UAE.

I don’t see this has really moving the needle towards a lasting peace in the Middle East. As it draws Israel more into the Sunni Shia conflict it has the potential to make things worse.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

For the benefit of the doubt, o give them 2 weeks max and they will be back fighting...

T_Man

7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

https://www.axios.com/uae-f-35-arms...nic&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=twitter

Scoop: UAE cancels Israel meeting after Netanyahu opposes F-35 arms deal

Andre0087, rocketsjudoka and T_Man like this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Pompeo represent!

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The UAE and Saudi Arabia are facing conflicts with rising Shia power in Yemen and Iraq. In the meantime that Syria has essentially won their civil war doesn't bode well for those states. Qatar is also split from the other Gulf States. There is no appetite for another Israel Arab conflict so SA and UAE see common cause with Israel.

As I said it's not a bad thing but I don't think one that will bring lasting peace to the region any closer and leaves the Palestinians even further from a viable state.

The one party this does help a lot is the Trump Administration particularly. Jared Kushner. As a conservative Jew this was personal to him but also considering there are many tangled financial relationships between the Kushner family and UAE. This isn't just a political victory for him but also furthers his financial interests.

The Saudis for a long time have been cultivating Trump and I personally think Trump is more in the pocket of the Saudis than he is Russia. This very much further's their interests and if Trump wins election will give him more of an excuse to sell arms to the Saudis and look away when Saudis do things like bomb civilians and kill journalists.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Mr Trump haters are shieting big bricks today. The Kenyan Muslim communist had 8 years in office and the only claims to fame he had was that bad Iranian deal and the screwed up with ISIS in the Middle East.

I’m ready for some more street fights and hand to hand combat with you loonies after Mr Trump is re-elected.

15. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I’m a hater and I yawned. The electorate does not give one tiny crap about this, not when domestic life is a sh-t show. But hey, grasp at straws all you want. And that “ Kenyan Muslim“ crap is rather pathetic. To the extent that you have in the past claimed to have any intellect or class, you have forfeit.

Jimmy Chase, RayRay10 and R0ckets03 like this.
  16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

So our shady president made an arrangement with the shady people that he is beholden to in the Arab world with the shady people that he is beholden to in Israel. If it is like every other “deal” that he has “worked” then I expect this to last just as long. It’s a sham Hail Mary ploy just before the election for appearance’s sake only. No one truly believes that anything has been accomplished here.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member