1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump “not” indicted in Russian Collusion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Feb 16, 2018.

1. TheresTheDagger

Don't get it twisted B-bob. My post was to defend crash5179 who posted his mixed feelings about Trump. Nothing else. His explanation of thoughtful nuance when evaluating the Trump presidency simply wasn't enough for the far lefties here in this circle jerk of leftdom known as the D&D, and reflects the ugliness of tribalism and group think this country has devolved into. Lefties and Trumpites have a lot in common in that respect.

And your questions here simply further prove my point. The fact that those on the left can find absolutely nothing of value about his presidency, while downplaying the obvious faults of our other choice...HILLARY CLINTON... is hypocrisy. They leave no room for even attempting to understand the choices people made that doesn't conform to THEIR thoughts.

It's not enough to hate Trump now. They have to hate anyone who would DARE vote for or support ANYTHING Trump does.

MEANWHILE,

Since you've been one of the few who actually attempts to stay respectful here, I'll answer your questions privately but not in this sewer called the D&D. PM me if interested.

cml750 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At this point how can anyone rationally want a man who has such little self awereness that he states "I'm like a really smart person" in a sincere non-self depreciating manner as the manager of the world's largest bureaucracy and commander of the world's most powerful military?

I detest anyone who thinks this man is even REMOTELY qualified to hold any position of legitimate authority.

There is no debate here. The man has left the arena of tolerable norms in terms of competence decades ago.

And crash5179 has not posted anything that would be considered "nuance". He doesn't even know why a wall is less effective than actual outposts and survelience drones. I've provided the evidence and he still doesn't understand the whole "wall" craze started in a damn campaign rally with no formal study before suggesting it. It was just Trump pandering and now an entire adminstration is trying to work backwards to justify his early panderings that he pandered to ignorant rally attendees. Everyone in this forum including you and Crash very well understand this whole "wall" craze is Trump pandering. Even is ****ing chief of staff John Kelly suggested that Trump has no clue on this subject matter. And you guys are just blindly twisting yourself in a pretzel because of what exactly? Pride of not wanting to be wrong about a candidate you supported or having your ideology challenged?

And now you act like it's a valid compromise to fund a vanity project that costs billions so a bunch of people who have lived here the vast majoirty of their lives won't get kicked out of their homes. Talk about pandering to a ****ing child .

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

All I mean is Trump hasn't done anything impeachable. Best accept it

4. dmoneybangbang

It appears that’s not the conclusion of the Mueller investigation which is still on going....

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hear a lot of what you're saying. FWIW, I try to inform a lot of my (real life) lefty friends that the criticism can stop at Two Scoops, if they want to be productive. Running down fellow citizens is only going to get us so far, no matter what "side" we're on. I feel like I totally get why some people said, "F it, I'm voting for this guy." Cali elected Arnold, and Minnesota elected Ventura with similar sentiment.

Anyway, I think your criticism, "they leave no room for even attempting to understand the choices people made" applies to a lot of our political spectrum, and that will have to change before we make much progress. I get a shred of hope when I see bipartisan groups trying to get things done in the Senate. They really could lead a tiny bit by example.

Anyway, I'll probably take you up on the offer of PM.

Meanwhile, I did think of a couple of 45 things I like: I liked the appointment of McMaster. And I think whoever came up with appointing Sarah Huckabee Sanders is an absolute genius. I don't necessarily like that she covers for 45, but it's her job, and she's amazing at dealing with the modern press, IMHO.

TheresTheDagger, cml750 and Astrodome like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Could be. You and I don't really know unless we're on that grand jury maybe.

Have to admit it though: if he wanted to obstruct justice, he could act a lot like he's been acting the last many months. Which is to say, plain foolish and guilty-like.

No Worries likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I have no idea if Trump has done anything impeachable. I am not a lawyer.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member