1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

|TruebluePistons|Official blog on pistons.com about signing McGrady: Win-Win

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Aug 10, 2010.

1. three

three Member

please sir, can I have some more? :grin:

why would pheonix want brooks when they already have nash & dragic?

did tmac really tell the trainer he was going to do the microfracture surgery before he told Stephen A Smith or was this covered up?

How does Yao really feel about tmac?

2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I agree with this post.

3. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Webber actually played fairly well for Detroit.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Very true. Not sure why Webber's history is forgotten so quickly (especially by ... Kahhhhnn!!1!)

Kind of agree with the blogger that this is a good signing, but I think he rounded up both the best and worst case scenarios. What I'd hope for the Pistons (and T-Mac) is that he takes a lot of time to talk to the younger wings. Despite all our venom for the guy, he's smart and could teach them a few things (hypothetically.)

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

tick...toc

tick...toc

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Don't think I would call it a win-win situation because if it doesn't workout it's not a win.

It just he can't hurt them or destroy them because they can get rid of him without it hurting them financially.

So basically it is a low risk move that they are hoping for some kind of reward out of it in T-mac's play.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, that was said during the last years with the rockets: If he is healthy, he is going to be out of 2nd round! but guess what happened?he was not healthy.

Look with the knicks, he couldnt play more minutes because he is not injury-free.

In his best years, he was amazing, but not anymore, and he is not returning to his peak

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

At 1.3 mil, theres practically no risk

9. DontTradeOswalt

T-Mac will be released from the Pistons before 2011, write it down

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Phoenix highly coveted Brooks at the time, and he does fit perfectly in their run-and-gun system. Leebigez's theory makes perfect sense -- if I'm the Suns and I'm in trade talks with Houston, the two players I want are Brooks and Budinger, and the one player I want to dump is the (relatively) one-dimensional Barbosa.