1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Kizer

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Aug 14, 2017.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah Watson clearly has things to work on but he isn't trash as some here are portraying. O'Brien has to cater and yes the oline has to step it up but that's for Savage and Watson.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

That Cowboy O-Line making more QBs look great I see. Trubiscuits is clearly head and shoulders above the high-profile guys in the pre-season but it won't last. Kizer has always been a loser who didn't win anything so I can't see him having success in his first NFL season if at all. Watson and Mahomes won't play for awhile and that's a good thing for both.

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Not worried about Watson one bit. This is why it's good that he is sitting, gives OB time to fix his footwork and for DW to learn the ins and outs of maybe the most complex offensive scheme in football.

That being said, the '17 QB class in general looks great. I've been very impressed by Mahomes and Trubisky specifically.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

O'Brien is a good offensive coach. Watson's biggest problem from what I've seen is getting the ball out on time

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Let's see what happens in he regular season...

But this QB crop is outperforming so far. Impressed by Trubisky. Wanted Mahomes. Love Watson's presence thus far. Kizer starting. Peterman looking decent.

Let's see what happens 2/3 years down.

Will be interesting if there's a bunch of starting caliber QB here given how pre draft scouting was so down on this class relatively speaking.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The bigger problem is the ball not going where he wants it to go when he throws the ball. His mobility buys him time to make up for the fact that he doesn't get the ball out on time but nothing can make up for piss poor accuracy.

AFS likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Is he though? It seems BOB is really stubborn offensively. If something doesn't work, he won't change it. Doesn't seem like he puts his players in a position to succeed; he forces them to adhere to his offense no matter what.

#69 DreamShook, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    red5rocket and J.R. like this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yup, I agree with this. He definitely doesnt utilize the players he has to the best schemes.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I haven't seen any evidence OBrien is a good offensive coach.

At this point he should claim to be a defensive genius and defensive end whisperer.

J.R. and Nimo like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

55 yard pass on the run

TD throw ending seconds of the half

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Prove it.

You've made a declarative statement now back that up with something that doesn't involve Tom Brady.

I can't say he's a bad offensive coach, but I will certainly say he hasn't produced a good offense that didn't involve Tom Brady. The offense hasn't been good ONCE with him here and has gotten worse every year.

15. Mr. Clutch

Those are great throws by Mahomes, but it's amazing how much time he gets. Or rather, it's pathetic how little time our QBs get

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. AFS

AFS Member

BOB has a reputation for having an incredibly complex system. I'm starting to wonder if it's overly complex to a point that it takes the GOAT QB to run it...

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hoyer had hands down his best season under him

What has he had to work with can't make chicken salad

TheFreak likes this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He hasn't had the talent but Savage can run the system just fine as far as reads and decisions

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think part of the accuracy issue is not knowing where to go with the ball on time

20. Mr. Clutch

He benched Hoyer after a half for Ryan Mallet.

Hoyer's QBRating was higher last year on the Bears, though he got injured after 5 games.