1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trigger warning: Jazz fans found a new hater to rally around

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Apr 22, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sometimes you have to make trade-offs in life.

wut

whiskeyred likes this.
  2. SemisolidSnake

Ok, I read it.

First of all, it's from Nov 11, 2018. It's not recent. I think that's important for context, since we're all in reactionary mode right now. Also, it's literally the only thing about basketball on this guy's blog.

You're right; it's satire. Or an attempt at it. It's so hard to tell nowadays, because satire is practically a dead art. It's not particularly good, I would say. It's pretty rambling. You're right that it's hitting everything with the absurd hammer very hard. It seems to be hanging a lot on that last paragraph and especially that last line, but it doesn't have a clean build-up to it to pull the rug out from under your feet. I'm actually not sure what this guy thinks, but that's not because he's exceedingly clever. Maybe he's just too confused by his Pynchon novels to get into the right writing mode to make this article work.

It's definitely not worth taking seriously, though.

Houstunna and topfive like this.
  3. lionaire

lionaire Member

"How to hate the reigning MVP"

my goodness man how fking corny

4. napalm06

Yeah, I really can't tell that it's satire. It's either really good or really bad at whatever it is. But old or not, it's still getting passed around. That's the power of a dumb article on the internet.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Totally agree with your entire take. The author knows what he wanted to do, he's just not skilled enough to pull it off with much elegance or grace.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lord Tywin

7. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

ahhhh, wise grasshopper, "watch" not listen.....

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My comment on that article,

"A wise man once said, “If you ain’t got no haters you ain’t poppin’.” By that measure, articles such as yours lead me to believe that James Harden is the greatest player of all time. WE ARE ALL WITNESS!"

9. YaoMingsSoulja

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So he is Gordon Gekko and would help to cause the Recession, lulz.........

Author just has 1 response.......

napalm06 likes this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wait, you know Jazz fan(s)?? NOooooo they're multiplying, hahah

12. napalm06

Well they aren't black Jazz fans. that'll be the day. They get so defensive when I tell them to learn from the diversity of the Houston crowd. Also, relatedly, the food sucks here.

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

ROFL, this is great

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I found the rant (which it is, satirical or not, and it just might be satire from last year) is worth clicking on just to discover the app. It's just what I need to write that novel I've been putting off for several decades. My sister, an accomplished romance writer with a couple of dozen very hot tomes to her credit, insists that I am the real talent of the family. She's delusional, but I might have to prove that to her. ;-)

napalm06 likes this.