1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Bauer

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RocketsFan11, May 4, 2023.

1. toby

toby Member

There sure is a ton of talk about this on the radio. Too much. I don't like that there is even conversation - and I'm worried that someone is floating this out there . . .

Bregatron and IBTL like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

All would have been effectively cancelled in modern times... as Bauer has been.

Rose still sorta is despite his transgressions happening prior.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Kobe Bryant was credibly accused of raping a hotel employee in Colorado. Now he's revered posthumously as an NBA hero. If Bauer comes back to MLB and wins a few games -- his home team's fans will be converted very quickly. Remember, he was not charged for any crime, and has already paid a severe price by sitting out a lengthy suspension. There is no evidence whatsoever that has been posted that proves any guilt. There is significant exculpatory evidence that exonerates him. The man has rights, has paid his debt, and now must face the cancel culture crowd? That's not fair. Remember, no charges were brought. Very bad precedent -- essentially discarding our justice system in favor of mob rule.

Stephen66 likes this.
  4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Um, what? Ever heard the fan reception for Rose at a Philadelphia Phillies game? It's massively positive. Baseball fans love Pete Rose.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pieces of **** love Pete Rose and Trevor Bauer...

Snake Diggit likes this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ergo ... @Trader_Jorge

7. Nook

Nook Member

What did Vida Blue and Fergie Jenkins do worse than Bauer? Drugs? That isn't worse than Bauer.

I don't think what Rose did is worse either.

The Beard, Htown Legend and IBTL like this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Rock Block and Nook like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

10. Buck Turgidson

Amphetamines, Amphetamines, Amphetamines and Amphetamnes.

Oh, and mix in some steroids.

If you're gonna cheat, let's cheat.

But yes, Bauer is a POS who belongs in a minor league.

11. Buck Turgidson

Also:

who are 3 people who have never been in my kitchen?

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

um, Bauer is under contract. He cannot just leave Japan and to sign with an MLB team. Doesn't work like that.

13. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

All you are doing is repeatedly showing that you don’t understand the difference between civil rights vs the rights of private businesses and the justice system vs public opinion. You’re also showing that you are supportive of MLB teams employing a person who admits to getting rough with women, punching them in the head, etc.

Were you supportive of the Lakers for continuing to employ Kobe Bryant after he was “credibly accused of rape”? (Worth noting that there’s zero chance Kobe would have made it thru that incident post MeToo. It is also worth noting the Kobe Bryant had more likability, charisma and greatnesss in the tip of his fingernail than Trevor Bauer could ever dream of having.)

#53 Snake Diggit, May 8, 2023
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
    IBTL likes this.
  14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I get where you are coming from until this right here. This is not relevant. Kobe is a rapist right? So you must think he’s as bad as Bauer right? We don’t give rapists a break because of “likability” and “charisma” right?

15. CrazyJoeDavola

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  16. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I haven’t read enough about Bryant’s incident to draw a conclusion about his guilt. I’ve read a lot about Bauer’s. And I wasn’t referencing my own personal opinion of Bryant relative to Bauer. I was just noting one of the primary reasons Bryant was likely able to resume his career after that incident vs why Bauer wasn’t. Of course likability and talent have something to do with society’s willingness to forgive transgressions. Is it morally right? No. But it’s reality. Bauer is an extremely unlikeable douchebag, and he’s nowhere near as talented at baseball as Bryant was at basketball. But really those factors pale in comparison to the fact that Bryant’s incident happened prior to MeToo, so maybe I shouldn’t have even mentioned it.

Nook and IBTL like this.
  17. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I lived through the Kobe saga. He did some bad stuff to the hotel employee. Forced anal rape does not seem like fun. If he would have done what he did in todays culture and mindset, he would have probably been canceled by most everyone. But back then there was no twitter.
    You got your sports news from ESPN. Back when ESPN was credible
    I have always hated him after that, but even before the helicopter crash he was anointed as St. Kobe. I just never got why he was put on such a pedestal. Great ballplayer. Scumbag individual. But no one under 45 probably even knows what went down.

18. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Bauer was a hypocrite d-bag completely trashing the Astros every chance he got before any of his personal character issues came to light.

If none of those ever happened I would still hate seeing him on the Astros but probably tolerate it like I did when they brought Beltran back.

But not with this mixed in. Regardless of how people feel about his guilt or not guilt and 2nd chances, it's simply not worth the renewed hate the team would get. That needs to go away. It's time.

msn and Rock Block like this.
  19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This season is not going well if we are arguing over Trevor ****ing Bauer

IdStrosfan and Rock Block like this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member