1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It's hilarious to see these folks grasp for every straw possible to try to dig themselves out of the massive hole they're in. Trying to revisit history and change what happened in their minds to make them think that their preconceived notion of what happened was true.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The screwdriver was deemed a burglary tool because it was in there with over a dozen pieces of stolen jewelry that he claimed a "friend" gave him.

Let's be real, Zimmerman was a bad person, Martin was a bad person, when 2 D bags cross paths often it ends poorly. This was an example of that. Budding criminal attacks wanna be vigilante with a gun. It should serve as a lesson on why you don't just attack people.

3. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Agreed. Let's move on.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

EducationalPoster should be a nice new username .
    Zimmerman did not have any training nor did pass any background check when he decided to "act on suspicious behaviour" , other than perhaps watching a few movies , he was instructed after his phone call to "stay away". To assume that he did the right thing is just a pure bias speculation .

This is one side story because the other party involved is dead

a threat if Martin had a possession of weapon. He was't armed period.

Trained officers thought to issue a warning first which did not happen , all bullets fired from close distance into Martin's body intentionally in vital origin area.

That's irrelevant ,Jury decide on hearing motion of prosecutors who failed to build a case & a defence team that outsmarted their opponents .they were instructed to determine their decision between these limits , unfortunate circumstance of collective stupidity and negligence prevented Martin from receiving justice .

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe almost as often as youths with zero convictions for burglary carry burglary tools.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you're using the technicality that they didn't prosecute him for possession of stolen property (items matching those stolen from a home a few blocks away from his school BTW), in an effort to artificially drive down the juvenile crime rate by the Miami-Dade Schools Police Department as ordered by superintendent Alberto Carvalho, as cover for him? Interesting.

Before you cry conspiracy theory, all of this came to light as part of an internal affairs investigation. It really happened. Here's where they took credit for the reduction in student crime rate they helped artificially create

[​IMG]

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm not crying anything but the facts. From what I've seen of Martins social media, he seems like someone I wouldn't be fond of. He might have been a criminal, or not.

But he was never convicted of any crime, and calling a screw driver which I have in my car, gun case, gun safe, tool box, etc. a burglary tool is silly. If a flathead screwdriver is a burglary tool, almost every single person on this board is guilty of having carried burglary tools at one time or another just like Trayvon Martin.

8. Granville

Granville Member

Fixed that for you

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Calling a flat head screwdriver in a backpack with over a dozen pieces of stolen jewelry a "burglary tool" is in no way a stretch. If you have dozens of pieces of stolen jewelry in your car, gun case, gun safe, and tool box then people will probably conclude the same.

Context matters.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I get it that you have prejudged and you let that prejudgment cloud your decision making. That's on you, guy.

11. Granville

Granville Member

Anyone on this board ever carry a screwdriver to school? How about a screwdriver and stolen jewelry?

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The context of a conviction would certainly matter. Charges were not pressed. That means there was no opportunity for the person to defend themselves against the charges.

You too can prejudge and condemn if you like.

I'm not saying he wasn't a burglar only that we don't know that he was.

Like I said, he doesn't seem like somebody I'd tout as a model citizen. I'm just not ready to jump to conclusions based on only part of the evidence.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Why does it matter where they carry the screwdriver? School, work, friends house etc. Who cares?

If it was shown that the screwdriver Martin was carrying was involved in the stealing of that jewelry, or that a screw driver that could have been that one was used, then that would be pretty good evidence.

But of course charges were never pressed. He was never convicted, and he never got the chance to defend himself against those charges. It's possible he had no defense for those charges, and he would have been convicted. But to presume that is prejudgment and possibly only based on some of the facts and evidence,

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ummm.....did you read what I wrote? You know, about how the school's police department was artificially lowering the student arrest rate by ignoring criminal activity whenever possible.....that's why there was never a case to begin with. I really hope you're following along, if you're not, there's no point in continuing this. They basically put the stolen jewelry in the lost and found and had him suspended for a non criminal offense so as to not show up as a student arrest. The chief of the school police department was ordered to lower the student arrest rate and instead of taking measures to lower the overall criminality of the students, he just set up a system where they wouldn't be arrested or charged for anything if they could help it.

A conviction can't happen when there is corruption in the police department that is covering up crimes. Martin would have otherwise been charged and you'd have your conviction....which I'm sure someone would claim was racist or whatever.

I think the problem is that you are pre judging the issue and you aren't letting anything get in the way of what you thought was going on from the start.

15. Granville

Granville Member

Lol at those on the losing side of this debate cloud their arguments with hoodie prejudice and convenience store purchases as some sort of case breaking evidence in this case

16. Granville

Granville Member

Bobby stated a few times as to why the incident didn't escalate.

I'm assuming your answer is no you haven't and that's likely because school isn't an appropriate place in this day and age to carry something that might be used as a weapon. Stolen jewelry wouldn't be a good idea either

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Over 1/4th of US population were arrested at one point of their life, based on your logic ,if any of these millions got killed by random armed person, then it's Ok, their criminal history justify it.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If any of them, or really anyone at all, is killed by an armed person that they chose to attack, then yeah, it's okay and it's justified.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Why wait for an attack to take place and take the risk that comes with it, kill them as soon as you see them so they can't testify.even better: kill them when they are so young before they commit a crime ,this called quarantined plan

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe that's how they do things in Saudi Arabia, but in America it doesn't work that way.